SQL Database Administrator
Navy – Cyber and IT Solutions /
CSA is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator who will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL servers for the Navy corporate applications located in Pensacola, FL.
How Your Role Will Make an Impact:
- Manages SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configures and maintains database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Applies data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyzes, solves, and corrects issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Writes and optimizes T-SQL statements.
- Designs, develops, and maintains database objects such as stored procedures, functions, views, indexes, and triggers.
- Refines and automates regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assists developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
- Shares technical expertise and provides technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- When performance issues arise, determines the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
- Develops and executes profiler traces and other tools to find the most frequently run queries.
What You Will Need to Join Our Award-Winning Team:
- Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret Clearance.
- CompTIA Security + Certification or qualifying Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required.
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools..
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Knowledge of HP, Sun, Dell, Intel Platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
What sets you apart:
- Active Secret Clearance.
- BS in IT related field and 5+ years of experience in the following: Design, install, monitor, and maintain SQL Server databases (2012, 2014, 2016).
- Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) experience.
- Backup and recovery experience.
- Performance tuning and optimization or resources experience.
- Experience performing SQL STIG checks, fix or mitigate any STIG findings, and maintain STIG compliance.
- Experience formulating policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
Why You'll Love This Job:
- Purpose filled roles that contribute to impactful solutions to advance our federal clients' mission.
- Daily opportunities to develop new skills.
- Dynamic team environment.
What We Can Offer You:
- Health & Wellbeing
- We strive to provide our team members and their loved ones with a comprehensive suite of benefits that supports their physical, financial and emotional wellbeing.
- Personal & Professional Development
- We also invest in your career because the better you are, the better we all are. We have specific programs catered to helping you reach any career goals you have — whether you want to become a knowledge expert in your field or apply your skills to another division.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
- We are unconditionally inclusive in the way we work and celebrate individual uniqueness. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good.
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Support Options
- Identity Theft Program
$75,000 - $90,000 a year
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA will abide by the client’s infectious disease protocols.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.