DTT Sustainment SME
Gowen Army Airfield, Idaho /
Mission Support Services – Mission Support Services /
CSA+Capstone is reviewing applications for a DTT Sustainment SME. This position is a full time Exempt (salary) position, supporting the ARNG Mission Command Training Support Program (MCTSP). DTT SMEs support ARNG unit commanders and staff, battalion through division providing doctrinal workshops, over the shoulder training and coaching during individual and collective event support at unit designated training sites. The Multi-Domain Sustainment SME is responsible for collective training to include the participation in exercise design, planning, preparation, execution, and assessment activities. Assists in the development of scenarios, script writing, tactical orders, and other supporting JELC products.
- Proficient in current Army Sustainment (Logistics, Personnel, Health and Human Services) doctrine and processes, and able to identify new and emerging Army and Joint Sustainment doctrine.
- Develop a Logistics Estimate utilizing current Army planning calculators: OPLOG Planner, LEW, Quick Log, Platform, Casualty Estimate Tool, and others.
- Integrate current Army Sustainment STAMIS from the retail to wholesale level across all commodities from the Brigade Support Area to the Theater Sustainment echelons.
- Develops Concept of Sustainment and capable of producing OPORD Paragraph 4 and Annex F (Sustainment) for training orders to drive training (to include personnel support and medical support from point of injury to Level III/IV Care) to produce a sustainment common operational picture.
- Capable of replicating the functions of higher HQs within the Sustainment WFF to Battalion through Division training audiences (Sustainment WGs and HICOM products to drive training)
- Ensure collective and individual training focuses on leadership, sustainment, enablers, diagnostics, and troubleshooting, within a live GCSS-Army environment.
- SME in military Live, Virtual, Constructive, and Gaming (LVC-G) training methods and procedures to include simulations and stimulations and other mission command training enablers.
- Acts as an advisor, trainer, and SME for Theater and Below Units during planning through execution to include After Action Review (AAR) of MTC collective training events.
- Plans, coordinates, prepares, and conducts FTXs, CPXs, STAFFEXs, LOGEXs, Digital COMMEXs, Military Decision-Making Process (MDMP) academic workshops, Command Post (CP) proficiency training and other supporting events associated with these exercises.
- Develops doctrinally current training materials including higher command operations orders, reports, briefings, and leads requested workshops.
- Coaches, teaches, and trains units over the shoulder during the conduct of exercises to assist the commander in achieving their training objectives.
- Provides on-site feedback to unit Commanders and appropriate staff members in the form of informal discussions.
- Prepares or provides input into the Final Exercise Report (FER) that addresses the planning, preparation, and execution of each fully executed DTT event.
- Assists with the design of scenario-based exercises to support Unit Commander’s training objectives.
- Will develop theater specific scripting of Master Scenario Events List (MSEL), or simulation control injects that are integrated with and support training exercises, and constructive staff training in a Live-Virtual-Constructive environment.
- Will conduct in-depth research on evolving doctrine, theater specific operations, lessons learned, and newly developed tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) used in the development of MSEL, or simulation control injects that accurately replicate the operational environment that the training is designed for. Must determine the appropriate exercise inject methods and entry point from HICON.
- Leading up to and during collective events, assist in synchronizing the capabilities of MCTSP training capabilities assets.
- Ensures adherence to company and site policies, practices, and procedures.
- Safeguard and maintain company and Government furnished equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Coordinate required safety information through direct coordination with government leadership.
- Ensure compliance with Government and contract guidelines, regulations, policies, and standards.
- Reports directly to the DTT Lead.
- Must have previous senior Army or ARNG leadership experience with a training management background and preferably, Combat Training Center (CTC) experience.
- A Combat Arms Officer with primary staff experience in the WFF at Battalion or higher.
- Previous Battalion or higher commander preferred (or similar).
- At least six (6) years’ combined staff experience within the WFF. Or eight (8) years’ specialized MCTSP experience in this type of duty position.
- Recent experience working within the Army National Guard training support system, or a similar system.
- Two (2) or more years working within WFF area Army Command and Control Information Systems.
- BA/BS subject immaterial, MA/MS (Preferred). Completion of the Command and General Staff College or equivalent level military schooling (Preferred).
- Must obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Work days and hours: Monday - Friday, 0800-1700 with variation based on mission requirements.
- Up to 100% travel.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.