Simulation Analyst IV
Grafenwoehr, Germany /
Mission Support Services – Mission Support Services /
CSA+Capstone is seeking a Simulation Analyst to manage and perform the design, planning, preparation, execution, and recovery of training events from the company through the Combined/Joint Task Force and COCOM levels. The Simulation Analyst analyzes and designs simulation supported military exercises.
This position is located in Grafenwoehr, Germany.
Schedule: On occasion, must be able to work 12-hour shifts, day or night, for consecutive days up to 3 weeks.
- Analyzes unit training requirements and designs computer simulation exercises to accomplish them.
- Analyzes unit performance during computer simulation exercises.
- Prepares exercise scenarios, war plans, and orders to support exercises.
- Tests and evaluates computer simulation databases and ensures that simulations are accurately portraying military operations.
- Supports assessments input for the design, planning, preparation, execution, and after-action review of company through COCOM level training events.
- Designs, plans, prepares, and executes company through Combined/Joint Task Force and COCOM level training events.
- Performs and provides military exercise analytical support.
- Designs Exercise Support Plans and Exercise Support Manning Documents.
- Analyzes, develops and synchronizes story lines and Joint Master Scenario Event List.
- Provides functional expertise to simulation data base builds.
- Supports the development of after-action review (AAR) materials.
- Analyzes military mission requirements in the context of developing computerized simulation exercises and training events.
- Provides subject matter expertise on the U.S. military exercise system.
- Tests stations and system configuration as part of the exercise preparation phase.
- Performs IT quality assurance of systems and provide feedback to system and network administrators.
- Documents and updates processes.
- Performs tasks under deadlines.
- Works with senior Government and Industry leaders.
- Works as needed at a computer terminal for extended periods.
- As required, must be prepared to provide the following;
- Supports the move and setup/recovery of exercise equipment and furniture IAW approved room builds.
- Develops assessments input for exercise design, planning, preparation, execution, and after-action review of company through COCOM‐level exercises.
- Performs Observer/Trainer Controller duties.
- Develops and execute portions of AAR products and take-away packages.
- Designs, develops, rehearses, and executes warfighter function related academics.
- Performs role play U.S. Army, joint, interagency, intergovernmental, and/or multinational individuals.
- Operates mission command and simulation systems.
- Master's degree in a related field and 2 years of military experience;
- OR Bachelor's degree in a related field and 4 years of military experience;
- OR 7 years of military experience.
- Knowledge of and expertise in planning and executing large training events and how to use the Joint Event Life Cycle (JELC) to support customer training requirements.
- Graduate of CGSC or ILE (MEL 4) or equivalent military schooling.
- Expertise in Army Warfighter functions and U.S. Army Doctrine.
- Knowledgeable of Joint Doctrine.
- Outstanding work ethic and personal integrity.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Must have a minimum of a Secret clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- Knowledge and experience with Army constructive models and simulations.
- Experience controlling medium to large unit training events and operations for MTC or similar organizations.
- Experience executing Mission Command training at battalion level or higher.
- Familiarity with Army Mission Command Systems/Platforms.
- Knowledgeable of Joint and NATO Doctrine.
- Knowledgeable in Observer Controller/Trainer functions.
- Ability to write Battalion and higher Operations Orders IAW Army doctrine.
- Experience operating Microsoft Office products.
- IT systems and network experience desired.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.