ISSO - Technical Administrator/Information Assurance
Great Lakes, IL /
Cyber & IT – Cyber and IT Solutions /
CSA+Capstone is seeking an Information Assurance (IA) Specialist to support the Navy’s My Navy HR NSTC Operations Task Order located in Great Lakes, IL. The work will primarily consist of providing Information Assurance (IA) support in the role of an Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
- Support the command ISSM in ensuring that local information systems are operated, used, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices.
- Support the local ISSM in the certification and accreditation of all information systems owned by command.
- Support the local ISSM in ensuring users and system support personnel have the required security clearances, authorization, and need to know; are indoctrinated; and are familiar with internal security practices before granting access to the information system.
- Support the local ISSM in obtaining required signatures on check-in/check-out-brief documents, having personnel complete the Navy System Access Authorization Request – Navy (SAAR-N) forms.
- Support the command ISSM in the conduct of Cyber Security Awareness Training for new personnel, requesting and obtaining annual (each FY) training completion certificates for staff personnel.
- Support the command ISSM in initiating protective or corrective measures to maintain security on information systems.
- Aide the local ISSM in the support of information assurance vulnerability management (IAVM) process.
- Facilitates collection of detailed functional requirements from Program Managers, staffs, and end-users.
- Documents/submits all required deliverables in a consistent manner in accordance with policy requirements.
- Documents and updates functional requirements, develops process flows, maintains related directives and policies and development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to support the training enterprise.
- Works with the Government and team architects (Program Executive Officer, Enterprise Information Systems (PEO-MLB)/PMW-240) and others as defined) to understand the requirements and vision of the project.
- Provide IT service management responsibilities, to include service request management, asset management, account management, Fileshare management, and transition management (e.g., Seat and/or Technical Refresh & OS Refresh).
- Address, escalate and/or track local service and technical issues through remediation in accordance with established best practices.
- Perform stand-alone, networked PC, and peripheral equipment configuration, installation, troubleshooting and upgrading/repair.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve hardware/network issues; connect, integrate and remove computer workstations to and from networks/domains; and provide system testing.
- Review Windows operating system, anti-virus, firewall and other relevant logs to identify root causes of system malfunctions and irregular operations.
- Maintain inventory of desktop and laptop computers, printers and other IT peripherals.
- Apply technical and project management expertise in collaboration with other team members to develop requirements, identify tasking, manage project execution, recognize, report and remediate issues representing schedule risk.
- Learn the physical infrastructure of networking/IT in order to understand limitations and help in identifying solutions to problems/issues/requests.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers on recommended solutions to user’s requests, and training on hardware/software deployment and utilization.
- Provide suggestions to improve project execution and complete project deliverables on behalf of the NSTC CIO staff.
- Organize, direct, coordinate, and communicate the planning and production of all activities associated with assigned projects, including configuration management, change management, and logistics/resource coordination ensuring accuracy and completion of all necessary documentation/inventory controls.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 6 years of related experience
- Familiar with Cyber Security Work Force Policies, Directives, and Instructions SECNAV M 5239.2, DoD 8570, DoDD 8140
- Familiar with the Authorization To Operate (ATO) certification and accreditation processes for DoD IT Systems
- Familiar with the use of Information Assurance tools such as Active Directory (AD) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Familiar with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) and Patching and Scanning processes for IT Systems
- DoD Secret Clearance
- Security + CE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- One to three years of experience supporting US Navy IT Systems used for Navy Training
- One to three years of experience providing ISSO support on DoD IT Systems
- Military background preferred
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.