Software QA Analyst IV
Navy – Cyber and IT Solutions /
CSA is currently seeking an experienced Software QA Analyst IV to lead our quality assurance team in support of the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) in Norfolk, VA. The successful candidate play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our software products, contributing to the success of our projects and overall customer satisfaction.
This position is contingent upon award.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide testing expertise for complex to highly complex software/hardware applications
- Lead and participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development, with a focus on analyzing user requirements, test design, and test tools selection
- Develop comprehensive test strategies, plans, and test cases to validate software functionality, performance, and reliability
- Execute test cases and analyze test results to identify defects, track issues, and ensure timely resolution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, business analysts, and project managers, to ensure alignment on testing objectives and requirements
- Ensure that test design and documentation adhere to client, agency, or industry standards, timelines, and budgets
- Communicate testing status, progress, and deviations from user requirements to project managers and stakeholders
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior QA analysts, assisting them in improving their testing skills and knowledge
- Stay updated with industry best practices, emerging trends, and advancements in software testing methodologies
- Minimum 12 years of experience in software quality assurance or in a related area within DoD/Navy programs
- Strong knowledge of software testing concepts, practices, and procedures
- Extensive experience in test design, test case development, and test execution
- Proven expertise in analyzing user requirements and translating them into effective test strategies and plans
- Familiarity with various testing techniques and tools, including test automation frameworks
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex issues and provide innovative solutions
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- U.S. Citizenship required
- DoD Secret-Level Clearance
- Must meet IAT (Information Assurance Technical) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570.01-M
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience supporting NAVSEA clients
- First-hand experience with Naval shipyard and/or Naval maintenance facilities
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA will abide by the client’s infectious disease protocols.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.