Battlespace Simulation Engineer
Grafenwoehr, Germany /
Mission Support Services – Mission Support Services /
CSA+Capstone is seeking a Battlespace Simulation Engineer to provide support for intelligence simulation systems used in support of individual and collective training at the company, brigade and higher levels. The Battlespace Simulation Engineer Lead participates in planning and implementation of training programs, practices and procedures; and configuration requirements definition, analysis, design, system integration, and performance analysis for intelligence simulation systems fielded to the JMSC.
This position is located in Grafenwoehr, Germany.
- Provides intelligence simulation support and planning products including but not limited to architecture design, technical products, and data evaluation for military training exercises of JMSC and the Joint Multinational Readiness Center (JMRC) in support of the U.S. Army Europe readiness and multinational training exercises and other engagement activities requiring simulation support.
- Supervises a team of battlespace simulation engineers.
- Administers and operates all battlespace simulation system hardware and software to include servers, networks, and workstations.
- Is responsible for all aspects of the battlespace simulation systems and ancillary system technical operations, setup, tear down, and accreditation artifacts.
- Installs, administers and maintains current and future battlespace simulation models.
- Assists with troubleshooting simulation networks.
- Installs and configures security updates and anti-virus signature updates.
- Works in conjunction with the JMSC spoke sites and JMRC to provide simulation support as required.
- Maintains currency in all on-site models, systems and supporting hardware/software.
- Acts as liaison to exercise planning activities.
- Provides AAR products as required.
- Responsible for technical operations, setup and tear down of servers, systems and integration tools; maintaining RMF compliance; providing input to exercise design and technical planning products.
- Supports as needed other set-up, transition, and break down for all training and training support activities pertaining to this task order.
- Participates in individual training, seminars, conferences, exercise/experiment planning events, site surveys, and exercise and training events and supports the planning and preparation processes and product development as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT- or network-related field plus three (3) years of recent relevant technical experience as related to the job responsibilities;
- OR an Associate’s degree plus seven (7) years of recent experience as related to the job responsibilities;
- OR a major industry-recognized networking certification plus seven (7) years of recent experience as related to the job responsibilities;
- OR eleven (11) years of recent relevant experience as related to the job responsibilities.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to document and update processes.
- Ability to perform tasks under deadlines.
- Ability to work with senior Government and Industry leaders.
- Possess a very high degree of attention to detail.
- Capable of working at a computer terminal for extended periods.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts, day or night, for consecutive days up to 4 weeks.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II baseline certification and, based on employment location, have the ability to obtain IAT Level III certification within 6 months of start date.
- Must possess a Top Secret / SCI security clearance and have the ability to pass a CI / Polygraph exam.
- A fundamental understanding of Linux commands, a working knowledge of Red Hat Linux 6/7 OS, Windows 10 OS and Windows Server 2012/2019, and familiarity with SQL*Plus and Bash.
- Experience configuring, operating, administering, troubleshooting and maintaining one or more of the following simulations and communications software:
- Joint Land Component Commander Training Capability (JLCCTC) / Warfighter's Simulation (WARSIM) / WARSIM Intelligence Model (WIM).
- Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Tactical Proficiency Trainer (IEWTPT) suite;
- Air, Space & Cyberspace Constructive Environment - Information Operations Suite (ACE-IOS);
- Familiarity with Cold Fusion and CSS.
- Ability to develop, manage and troubleshoot simulation databases.
- Fundamental understanding of Joint Simulation Protocol Analyzer (JSPA) software to include configuring various filters and playback log files.
- Working knowledge of BIOS and RAID configurations to assist in troubleshooting
- Experience with system and/or network administration and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a multiple-enclave environment with access to sensitive data.
- Experience implementing information assurance measures in accordance with RMF/STIs regulations and patch management.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.