Database Administration Manager
Navy – Cyber and IT Solutions /
CSA is currently seeking an experienced Database Administration Manager to support the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) in Norfolk, VA. The successful candidate should be familiar with a variety of database concepts, practices, and procedures as they will be responsible for implementing, monitoring, and reorganizing databases, coding, testing, implementing, and maintaining database architectures.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of database administration, including planning, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including system administrators, data center personnel, and database administrators, to ensure effective management of computer operations
- Ensure efficient utilization of computer system resources and adherence to production schedules
- Coordinate and resolve production-related problems, ensuring timely resolution and minimal disruption to operations
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of information technology services
- Provide users with necessary computer output and support their needs
- Supervise and lead a team of database management personnel, ensuring smooth operations and high-quality deliverables
- Minimum 12 years of experience in the field or in a related area within DoD/Navy programs
- Strong knowledge of database concepts, practices, and procedures
- Proven experience in independently planning and accomplishing goals, performing complicated tasks, and providing consultation on complex projects
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills
- Proficiency in establishing and maintaining database architectures, executing utility requirements, and analyzing and resolving database system production problems
- Must meet IAT (Information Assurance Technical) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570.01-M
- DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience supporting NAVSEA clients
- First-hand experience with Naval shipyard and/or Naval maintenance facilities
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA will abide by the client’s infectious disease protocols.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.