Vice President, Business Development
Remote, United States /
Corporate Operations – Corporate Operations /
CSA + Capstone is seeking a Vice President, Business Development to conduct business development activities to identify and qualify new business opportunities in support of CSA’s growth strategy and business units to achieve our goals. We are looking for a self-starting, analytical, critical thinker with an entrepreneurial mind, capable of managing multiple tasks concurrently within an agile, growing business. Successful candidate will be an account manager and conduct capture management, proposal support, proposal reviews, and marketing as required. Individual identifies the resources needed to pursue a business opportunity; oversees bid strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies; and manages the transition from business opportunity to proposal development to award. This candidate will focus on business development and capture primarily in the Department of Defense Services, Joint (OSD, Combatant Commands, and Activities), Federal operations, plans, training & exercise (L-V-C-G and synthetic training environment), cybersecurity, and IT environment.
- Develops new business leads through review of industry standard tools, business relationships, and other means
- Executes customer call plans to qualify and assess opportunities
- Performs analysis on opportunities to determine CSA’s qualifications for pursuit
- Updates leadership regularly on status of pursuits
- Conducts capture activities to ensure CSA attains or retains favored status with customers
- Supports the development, review, and submission of winning proposals
- Cultivates and sustains relationships with business partners
- Maintain and grow assigned pipeline for long term success
- Organize technical teams into a cohesive capture approach through a process understandable by technical managers
- Be dual hatted serving as both account lead and capture manager
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10 years’ experience directly related experience in capturing and closing business opportunities within the Federal and Civilian domain areas
- Strong research and analytical skills required-best candidate should enjoy conducting research and organizing information in short, coherent fashion
- Current knowledge of various agency information technology goals and leadership
- Have senior level relationships at the CIO/CTO level
- Have critical knowledge in Cyber Security approaches, RMF, ATO, policies, frameworks, and procedures which support various areas of CSA cybersecurity services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, must be able to articulate complex issues simply and concisely to a C-Suite audience
- Must demonstrate detailed understanding of joint and service training, exercise and operations doctrine and Live, Virtual, Constructive, and Gaming tools and processes
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Demonstrable user proficiency in Microsoft Sharepoint and Teams
- Ability to identify business opportunities in the service sector and conduct Shipley-based qualification analysis
- Experience closing single-award deals over $10M+ annually.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as work within a team environment.
- Analytical skills relating to business development and capture management.
- Communication skills to support working relationships, customer interaction, and to make formal presentations to senior decision makers.
- Experience in analyzing and selecting teaming partners and negotiating sound teaming agreements.
- Established relationships with domestic customers, associated primes and appropriate government organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US government procurement practices and an understanding of various support contracts supporting the warfighter in the field.
- Thorough knowledge of entirety of BD lifecycle and the Shipley method.
- Able to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship with ability to obtain minimum of a Secret clearance
- Senior level military experience in the Army, USMC, or Joint Assignment; Special Operations assignments a plus or Federal Agency is strongly desired
- Graduate degree preferred
- Current experience with Army Contracting Command Orlando, Redstone, or Aberdeen a plus
- Five Years of experience working in a Defense Services industry capturing DoD or Federal agency work in IT Modernization and Cybersecurity Operations is a plus
- Ability to write compelling proposal sections, including technical content
The likely salary range for this position is $200,000 - $210,000 this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Applicants may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; an active United States Department of Defense security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
As a federal contractor, CSA is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
WE BELIEVE great companies know who they are and what they stand for. CSA’s common purpose and core values were purposefully developed to create a culture focused on unlocking the full potential of our people—so they are inspired to solve our clients’ toughest challenges. It’s no secret, we owe the past 18 years of our success to our outstanding and ambitious team members. To support our hard working team, we offer an environment focused on learning and growth, an awesome benefits package, and opportunities to build a long and successful career.
We are constantly on the hunt for talented, forward-thinking problem solvers with an energetic attitude and a strong work ethic to join our elite team of CSAers.
Be a part of CSA… do great things!
CSA is a Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable workplace accommodation for any part of our employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. Assistance is reserved for individuals who are requesting a reasonable workplace accommodation. It is not intended for other purposes or inquiries. We’re an equal opportunity employer that empowers our people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status or other protected characteristic.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notification for current or previously cleared professionals:
Official U.S. Government information appearing in the public domain shall not automatically be considered UNCLASSIFIED or approved for public release. CSA recognizes that information contained in resumes of current or previously cleared professionals may be sensitive, contain potentially proprietary and/or protected information. Protected Information is considered classified, in the process of a classification determination, or unclassified, but protected by statute. Therefore, all resumes should be approved for public release by a U.S. Government Official with Original Classification Authority, prior to posting the resume to CSA’s applicant tracking system.
By submitting my resume, I understand that I am NOT authorized to upload content with Official U.S. Government information that is considered, sensitive, proprietary, or protected.