Department Lead (Sur La Table)
Brownsburg, IN /
Sur La Table – Distribution Center /
With over 50 stores and the largest avocational cooking program in the US, Sur La Table offers an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table – and the culinary expertise and inspiration to go along with it. Whether the job entails interacting with our customers, driving digital growth, or providing vital behind-the-scenes support, we’re all here for the same reason – to roll up our sleeves and create happiness through cooking and sharing good food
The Department Lead contributes to the success of Sur La Table by coordinating department workflow, monitoring department production, and training all associates in the proper procedures in the picking, packing, and shipping functions. The Department Lead reports to either a Distribution Supervisor or Operations Manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitor flow of daily workload, assuring all duties are properly assigned and completed, making daily adjustments when necessary.
· Train employees to department standards.
· Perform all required procedures and documentation in a safe and efficient manner to maintain the highest quality finished product to our customers
· Accountable for meeting quality and productivity standards
· Will routinely work in cross functional roles to assist in meeting daily productivity goals
· General housekeeping, maintenance and organization of work area
· Record time worked, accurately and according to SLT policy
· Consistently follows all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
· Additional responsibilities as assigned
· Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees, customers, and vendors
· Ability to use the computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks
· Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced warehouse environment
· Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
· Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation
· Able to work overtime and weekends as business dictates
· Ability to regularly lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs; occasionally up to 50 lbs
· Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crouch in order to retrieve and/or replenish merchandise
· Ability to ascend and descend stairs in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise
· Ability to learn and operate general warehouse equipment (RF, Pallet Jack)
· Ability to perform duties in an environment that is not climate controlled and will be exposed to dust, odors and noise
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Prior experience in a leadership role preferred
· Experience with warehouse management systems and hand-held devices
· Basic PC knowledge
· Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving skills
· Basic math calculations for selecting, counting, and checking work
· Must be at least 18 years old
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone:
· Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
· Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
· Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
· Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
· Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org