Director of Email and Retention Marketing
Remote - US /
CSC Generation (Shared Services - US) – Marketing /
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is an Altos Ventures backed technology company that is saving retail by acquiring store and catalog-based retailers, and transforming them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just seven years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, Direct Buy, One Kings Lane, Amerimark Interactive, Touch of Modern, and Cherryman saving thousands of jobs and reaching over a billion dollars in revenue.
This role is challenging – above and beyond the day-to-day responsibilities, you’ll have a big role within a fast-paced team. The challenge doesn’t come without reward; you’ll have the opportunity grow your career while building a world-class team.
This position will report into the President, Digital Operations.
- Go-to subject matter expert to guide email managers and business leaders on broadcast marketing strategy - tools, techniques and execution plans.
- Instrumental in growing revenue per user and overall retention metrics.
- Collaborate with President of Digital and Director of Performance Marketing to drive MOP and BOF strategy.
- Can understand business goals, set channel targets and direct the team to flawless execution.
- Can assist team with production and day-to-day tasks as needed, you can keep the momentum going. No job is too small.
- Keep a daily pulse on channel performance and pivot as needed
- Maintain a strong relationship with key internal and external stakeholders/vendors.
- Proactively test all campaigns, on-site experiences and lead capture funnels to optimize user experience and build a healthy database.
- Manage vendor contracts, rates and renewal strategy.
- Ability to context switch and operate at a portfolio-wide level and be a key partner in their growth strategy.
- Identify opportunities for channel growth – short-, mid- and long term.
- 7-10 years of leading Email, SMS and Push notification programs for e-commerce businesses.
- Up to date on the latest broadcast and retention marketing technologies.
- Strong knowledge of privacy laws and regulations - CASL, CCPA, CAN-SPAM
- Deep knowledge of data structures/hierarchies and managing CRM systems.
- Strong experience building lifecycle automations from scratch and continuous optimization.
- Experience handling and safeguarding PII.
- Experience with RFPs, vendor selection/negotiation.
- Experience with cost-benefit analysis and backing projects with real world test results/numbers.
- High attention to detail and strong QA skills to review campaigns/projects.
- Strong ability to review Copy and design and provide constructive feedback.
- You love A/B testing and have a strong drive for continuous optimization
- Experience managing large teams and guiding high level strategy and helping execution
- Strong experience collaborating with product and engineering teams on ESP and SMS list migrations.
- Expertise in building out retention strategies that drive customer LTV and list growth.
- Manage domain reputation and maintain strong inbox rates (99.5%+).
- Proven ability to work on omni-channel strategies with the paid counterparts and set KPIs at a business and individual level.
- Self-starter and highly motivated - you love building processes and relationships.
- Strong working knowledge of ESP’s and SMS marketing tools - Braze, Wunderkind, Listrak, Emarsys, Cordial or similar.
- Excellent reporting skills with the ability to distill information to: pain points, proposed solutions and execution plan, quick. Must be an advanced Google Analytics user.
- Solution oriented – if something appears broken, you will fix it in a sustainable way.
- People management experience a must - you love to set goals for your team and help them hit it.
- Experience working with C-suite and planning teams to drive business objectives.
- Bonus points if you have successfully worked on e-commerce turnaround strategies.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO for salaried employees
- Medical/Dental/Vision and a variety of supplemental policies available
- Company 401K match
- Company Health Spending Account (HSA) match
- Company provides group life insurance at no cost
- COBRA reimbursement for salaried employees until health insurance eligible
- Paid Holidays
- Birthday off with pay!
- Pet Insurance
- Generous employee discounts
This posting is intended for candidates that reside in the following states:
AZ, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NV, NJ, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WV, WI, WY.
This position may not be performed, in whole or in part, in New York City (whether from an office, in the field, or remotely from the candidate's home).
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org