Sales Associate (Sur La Table)
Boulder, CO /
Sur La Table- Stores – 106 - Boulder 29th St - Sur La Table, 1850 - 29th Street, Space #1004, Boulder, CO 80301 /
With over 50 stores and the largest avocational cooking program in the US, Sur La Table offers an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table – and the culinary expertise and inspiration to go along with it. Whether the job entails interacting with our customers, driving digital growth, or providing vital behind-the-scenes support, we’re all here for the same reason – to roll up our sleeves and create happiness through cooking and sharing good food.
The Sales Associate contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role seeks out customers to assist with product information, location, pricing, and availability as well as processing returns and sales transactions. The Sales Associate reports to either a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides an exceptional customer experience according to customer service standards. Proactively seeks out customers in order to determine needs and sell items.
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
- Works as a part of a high-performing team to achieve store’s sales plan. Strives to achieve individual sales goals.
- Shares product assortment and services such as, gift registry and cooking classes with customers. Demonstrates products upon request of a customer or as directed by a manager.
- Consistently follows all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintains a clean store environment, including restrooms.
- Processes a variety of transactions accurately and efficiently via the POS including, but not limited to, sales, returns, price checks and etc.
- Ensures pricing integrity, MOS products, stocks and replenishes the sales floor using FIF0 and according to visual standards.
- Records time worked, accurately and according to SLT policy.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers and store management team.
- Protects customers, employees, and company assets. Notifies Manager on Duty of safety risk or threat in the store.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Manager on Duty (MOD), General Manager or Store Manager.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from storage and/or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and/or replenish merchandise.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends as business dictates.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
Experience and Required Qualifications
- 1 year retail sales experience (preferred).
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org