Seattle, WA /
Sur La Table – Finance /
With over 50 stores and the largest avocational cooking program in the US, Sur La Table offers an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table – and the culinary expertise and inspiration to go along with it. Whether the job entails interacting with our customers, driving digital growth, or providing vital behind-the-scenes support, we’re all here for the same reason – to roll up our sleeves and create happiness through cooking and sharing good food
This position is a Hybrid onsite role reporting into the Sr. Manager, Controller from our Seattle HQ located at 6100 4th Ave S #500, Seattle, WA 98108, United States.
What you get to do every day:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting, general ledger system and chart of accounts. Provide guidance regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
- Lead monthly, quarterly and year-end GL close process. Manage team efficiency and workload to ensure timeliness and financial accuracy. Collaborate and provide guidance to business partners.
- Key contributor in the mid-year and annual audit process to ensure PBCs are assigned and submitted timely. Act as a key point of contact to the external audit firm. Provide additional support needed for all other external audits as directed by the Controller.
- Collaborate and provide support to the Finance team with analysis, budget and forecasting activities. Actively contribute as an Accounting representative on IT system implementation & upgrade projects.
- Focus on establishing and implementing controls and compliance while identifying process improvement opportunities. Develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Collaborate with other Accounting department leadership to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Ensure team process documentation is complete and current. Identify key processes, backup roles and apply cross training plan within the team.
- Provide leadership, direction, mentoring and coaching to direct reports. Establish team goals and objectives. Monitor progress with regular check-ins to ensure business and development results are achieved.
- Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Controller.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Related work experience considered in lieu of education.
- 5+ years’ experience in diversified areas of accounting
- 3+ years’ experience managing and developing direct reports
- Proficient in MS Excel and ERP software programs
- Experience in a retail/merchandise driven environment (preferred)
- CPA (preferred)
- Flexible with working on site atleast two days a week.
What's in it for you:
- Unlimited PTO for salaried employees
- Medical/Dental/Vision and a variety of supplemental policies available
- Company 401K match
- Company Health Spending Account (HSA) match
- Company provides group life insurance at no cost
- Paid Holidays
- Birthday off with pay!
- Pet Insurance
- Generous employee discounts
Salary Range: 90K - 100K USD.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact email@example.com