3rd shift Distribution Supervisor (Sur La Table)
Brownsburg, IN /
Sur La Table – Distribution Center /
With over 50 stores and the largest avocational cooking program in the US, Sur La Table offers an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table – and the culinary expertise and inspiration to go along with it. Whether the job entails interacting with our customers, driving digital growth, or providing vital behind-the-scenes support, we’re all here for the same reason – to roll up our sleeves and create happiness through cooking and sharing good food
The Distribution Supervisor contributes to the success of Sur La Table by overseeing a department, monitoring productivity and work quality and managing performance to effectively and efficiently complete work related to the inbound and outbound processes within the Distribution Center. The Distribution Supervisor reports to either an Operations Manager or Director of Operations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinate and monitor department operations to plan and execute daily/weekly work plans to support DC operations
· Recommend and implement operational improvements to support Distribution Center operations
· Provide coaching in the moment and performance feedback to employees. Conducts formal performance reviews.
· Appropriately partners with Operations Manager, Senior Director of Operations, Director of Operations, Human Resources and other departments as needed
· Model and ensure all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures are communicated effectively to employees, maintained and consistently followed
· Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, corporate office and field management
· Promotes safe practices and enforces safety policies
· Record time worked, accurately and according to SLT policy
· Additional responsibilities as assigned
· Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and business partners
· Ability to use the computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks
· Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced warehouse environment
· Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
· Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation
· Able to work overtime and weekends as business dictates
· Ability to regularly lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.; occasionally up to 50 lbs
· Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crouch
· Ability to ascend and descend stairs
· Ability to learn and operate general warehouse equipment (RF, Pallet Jack)
· Ability to perform duties in an environment that is not climate controlled and will be exposed to dust, odors and noise
· Regular and predictable attendance
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Prior experience in a leadership role preferred
· Experience with warehouse management systems and hand-held devices
· Proficient PC knowledge
· Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving skills
· Basic math calculations for selecting, counting, and checking work
· Must be 18 or older
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone:
· Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
· Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
· Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
· Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
· Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact email@example.com