Floor Lead (Sur La Table)
Palo Alto, CA /
Sur La Table- Stores – 073 - Palo Alto - Sur La Table, 855 El Camino Real #57, Palo Alto, CA 94301 /
With over 50 stores and the largest avocational cooking program in the US, Sur La Table offers an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table – and the culinary expertise and inspiration to go along with it. Whether the job entails interacting with our customers, driving digital growth, or providing vital behind-the-scenes support, we’re all here for the same reason – to roll up our sleeves and create happiness through cooking and sharing good food.
The Floor Lead contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role supports a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM) in the achievement of sales goals and directs daily store operations as a Manger on Duty (MOD). The Floor Lead reports to a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to an environment where employees are informed and capable by supporting training for all employees.
- Model and hold employees accountable to customer service standards.
- Model and ensure all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Provide coaching in the moment and performance feedback to employees and communicate performance issues directly to the General Manager or Store Manager.
- Support sales driving initiatives and create daily agendas.
- Direct employees to ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise presentations, and ensure selling floor is adequately stocked according to visual standards.
- Stay informed by maintaining product knowledge, accessing available training and seeking out additional resources when necessary.
- Ensure timekeeping practices are in place and consistently followed according to SLT Policy.
- Complete and carry out inventory transactions including but not limited to, receiving, MOS, and RARs. Ring employee transactions.
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- Accurately record time worked according to SLT policy.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by General Manager or Store Manager.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing employees; selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from storage or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and replenish merchandise.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to observe employees and customers at different times of the day, week and year.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/ or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
Experience adn Required Qualifications
- 1 year of retail sales and customer service experience. Prior experience as a Sur La Table Sales Associate, preferred.
- 1 year of retail supervisory experience, preferred.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
- Some experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- May require Food Handlers Certification.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact email@example.com