Senior Web Developer
Remote - US /
CSC Generation (Shared Services - US) – Product Engineering /
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is an Altos Ventures backed technology company that is saving retail by acquiring store and catalog-based retailers, and transforming them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just seven years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, Direct Buy, One Kings Lane, Amerimark Interactive, Touch of Modern, and Cherryman saving thousands of jobs and reaching over a billion dollars in revenue.
You will be working directly with the Engineers that built our key products from the ground up used by many different projects that will help bring our company to the next level. As our Senior Web Developer, you will enjoy working across the software stack (mainly on the front end) to design, develop, and deploy engaging experiences for the web. You are empowered by CSC IQ to get to your next career stage!
Tech Stack: React, Typescript, Serverless, AWS
For a taste of what CSC Engineering can be:
- We are building a comprehensive product information management (PIM) system to support complex product data set, a wide range of sales channels, heterogenous infrastructure, a hub for ecosystem workflow, enabling analytics for cross-selling, SEO, CROs, etc.
- This system consolidates all product information onto a single platform to connect retailing and manufacturing channels to counter complex challenges in managing and maintaining product data quality.
- Reliable security governance for partner integration is required to support the automation of the procurement process for purchasing goods and services.
- These create transparency for the product data of multiple vendors to support the centralized management of multi-supplier catalogs and facilitate price and quality research
What’s to love
- We take codebase quality seriously, and have internal functional programming libraries
- Typical time to staging is under 2 days, time to production is under 2 weeks for your code
- Monthly hackathons, biweekly technical excellence committee meetings, technical management
- We have in-house developed AI tooling for writing unit tests and documentation automatically
- Bi-weekly training program on various topics such as: AWS, FP, type algebra, distributed systems
- Teams each have an embedded business analyst, requirements questions answered quickly & easily
What you'll be doing:
- Lead our front-end programming. Ensure high standards are maintained through regular peer code reviews
- Writing well designed, testable, readable and scalable code
- Assisting in the development of new features, enhancements of existing features
- Review code with peers to provide and get feedback on implemented solution
- Contribute to documentation where necessary
- Coordinate and work closely with team members and other engineering teams
- Keep up with the latest web technologies, patterns and design.
What you bring to this role:
- 5+ years of experience building robust, complex, and accessible user interfaces and applications
- Familiar with AWS
- Strong understanding of web fundamentals
- Strong Analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Bonus: UX design, functional programming, full-stack experience
What’s in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO for salaried employees
- Medical/Dental/Vision and a variety of supplemental policies available
- Company 401K match
- Company Health Spending Account (HSA) match
- Company provides group life insurance at no cost
- COBRA reimbursement for salaried employees until health insurance eligible
- Paid Holidays
- Birthday off with pay!
- Pet Insurance
- Generous employee discounts
This posting is intended for candidates that reside in the following states:
AZ, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NV, NJ, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WV, WI, WY.
This position may not be performed, in whole or in part, in New York City (whether from an office, in the field, or remotely from the candidate's home).
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact email@example.com