Assistant Store Manager (Sur La Table)
Roseville, CA /
Sur La Table- Stores – 072 - Roseville - Sur La Table, 1198 Roseville Parkway Space 170, Roseville, CA 95678 /
With over 50 stores and the largest avocational cooking program in the US, Sur La Table offers an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table – and the culinary expertise and inspiration to go along with it. Whether the job entails interacting with our customers, driving digital growth, or providing vital behind-the-scenes support, we’re all here for the same reason – to roll up our sleeves and create happiness through cooking and sharing good food.
The Assistant Store Manager contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role supports a General Manager (GM) or a Store Manager (SM) in the achievement of sales goals, store operations, and the staffing and performance management of all retail employees. The Assistant Store Manager reports to either a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Models and holds employees accountable to customer service standards.
- Contributes to an environment where employees are informed and capable by supporting and/or delivering training for all employees.
- Models and ensures all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Supports the GM or SM in proactively staffing the store according to retail census and fluctuations in seasonal business needs.
- Works as a part of a high-performing team to achieve store’s sales plan. Supports sales driving initiatives, creates daily agendas and directs selling activities as Manager on Duty.
- Provides coaching in the moment and performance feedback to employees. May assist the GM or SM in delivering formal performance reviews.
- Seeks opportunities to increase topline retail sales and directs employees to execute sales driving initiatives.
- Anticipates and solves problems by taking decisive action, follows up with the GM or SM.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of employee information including, but not limited to, Time and Attendance records and personal data.
- Manages deliveries according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). Drives and manages inventory events. Controls shrink and retail supply expenses.
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws. Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
- Appropriately partners with the GM or SM, HQ Retail Operations, Human Resources and other departments as needed or necessary.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by GM or SM.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing employees; selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from storage or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and replenish merchandise.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to observe employees and customers at different times of the day, week and year.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
Experience and Required Qualifications
- 1-2 years of progressively responsible retail management experience. Prior experience as a Sur La Table Store Floor Lead, preferred.
- Experience driving sales and motivating high performing sales teams.
- Experience training others and holding teams accountable.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- May require Food Handlers Permit or Food Manager Certification.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org