Associate Manager (Sur La Table)
Palo Alto, CA /
Sur La Table- Stores – 073 - Palo Alto - Sur La Table, 855 El Camino Real #57, Palo Alto, CA 94301 /
With over 50 stores and the largest avocational cooking program in the US, Sur La Table offers an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table – and the culinary expertise and inspiration to go along with it. Whether the job entails interacting with our customers, driving digital growth, or providing vital behind-the-scenes support, we’re all here for the same reason – to roll up our sleeves and create happiness through cooking and sharing good food.
The Associate Manager contributes to the success of a Sur La Table stores by inspiring customers on their culinary journey. This role supports either a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM) in the achievement of sales goals and directs daily store operations as Manager on Duty (MOD) while ensuring an outstanding customer experience and enforcing all policies and procedures. This role is a developmental opportunity in preparation for career advancement in both the field and corporate roles.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Models and holds employees accountable to customer service standards.
- Contributes to an environment where employees are informed, trained, and developed from day one of their onboarding and throughout their time with Sur La Table.
- Models and ensures all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained, and consistently followed.
- Supports sales driving initiatives, creates daily agendas, and directs selling activities as MOD. Owns their role by driving key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Provides coaching in the moment to employees while acting as MOD. Share’s feedback provided with GM or SM.
- Ensures selling floor standards are maintained and sales floor filled according to visual presentation guide.
- Anticipates and solves problems by taking decisive action, follows up with the GM or SM.
- Ensures completion of provided weekly training; utilizes product knowledge to elevate the customer experience.
- Completes inventory transactions including but not limited to, receiving, MOS, and RARs. Rings employee transactions.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws. Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by General Manager or Store Manager.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the workplace coaching and directing employees, selling to customers, and retrieving merchandise from storage or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch to demonstrate, retrieve and replenish merchandise.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/ or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
Experience and Required Qualifications
- 1-2 years retail management experience. Specialty retail preferred.
- Experience driving sales and motivating high performing sales teams.
- Experience training and holding teams accountable.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
- Some experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- May require Food Handlers Permit or Food Manager Certification.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state or local laws.
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org