People & Operations Generalist
Tempe, AZ /
Culdesac's mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood.
All of this draws from a core insight: the way we move defines the way we live. And the way we move is changing fast, with countless ways to get around today beyond private cars. Here's more.
Culdesac is growing our team and looking for a People & Operations Generalist to help with our mission.
How you will make an impact:
As a People & Operations Generalist at Culdesac, you will be an integral part of building a sustainable and forward-thinking People & Operations team. You will support all HR functions and work with both external and internal stakeholders. You will be part of a company that uses our diverse skills to create beautiful harmony between tech, real estate, and mobility.
How you will be successful:
- Looking around corners to plan for our future People & Operations needs as a company while maintaining and iteratively improving experiences and processes in the here and now.
- Stewarding and constantly improving elements of the employee lifecycle across Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Learning & Development among others as we grow.
- Championing a best in class team culture and adding delightful touches throughout the employee life cycle and in our physical/virtual team spaces.
- Providing strategic and tactical support in the hiring process, including partnering with hiring managers to deeply understand our talent needs, posting positions, completing screenings, scheduling interviews, creating offer letters, and explaining benefits.
- Partnering with the broader team to facilitate, communicate and implement HR programs, policies and other roll outs that both support business goals and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Coordinating subject matter experts in HR, compensation, benefits, legal, and business leaders to ensure proper execution against policies and practices.
- Designing and maintaining process documentation, streamlining operational processes and researching and providing recommendations on new technologies and services that enhance operations and the employee experience.
What we're looking for:
- You have strong problem solving skills and work well with tight deadlines.
- You are scrappy and self-motivated and willing to roll up your sleeves to execute on the details of a plan or process that you designed at the strategic level.
- You are an excellent communicator at all levels and across diverse functions within the organization.
- You handle confidential and proprietary information with utmost care
- 3-5 years of professional experience - helpful (though not required) if some component of this was in HR or an HR adjacent role.
- You prioritize a lifestyle leveraging public transportation, micromobility, and other alternatives to private cars.
Why you'll love being a part of the Culdesac team:
- We work as a team: We are inclusive, drawing on the strengths of people who bring a different perspective. We find ways to work together that overcome disciplinary and geographic separations.
- We are driven, humble, and ambitious: Our mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We are doing this through hard work, asking for feedback along the way, and seeing our work through to the end, including the last 10%.
- We have a caring, supportive, and honest culture: We get to know one another, we support our community together, we have fun together, we even have Culdesac talent shows!
- We are revolutionizing the real estate landscape: Are you ready to be part of this transformation?
Culdesac is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.