Interior Design Consultant
Tempe, AZ /
Culdesac's mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood.
All of this draws from a core insight: the way we move defines the way we live. And the way we move is changing fast, with countless ways to get around today beyond private cars. Here's more.
Note: Position open for free-lancing individuals or firms.
How you will make an impact:
As our Interior Design Consultant, you/your firm will be an integral part of visualizing and implementing our physical design strategy at Culdesac Tempe. You will help fundamentally envision what our shared common spaces look like, including guest suites, leasing office, podcast studios, office spaces, pool amenity, courtyard furnishings, and more. You will draw on your experience for creative inspiration, and you will be part of a company that uses our diverse skills to create beautiful harmony between tech, design, real estate, and mobility.
How you will be successful:
- Implement our design goals and conceptualize and sketch interior design plans.
- Outline cost of projects and work within budgeting parameters.
- Provide material & equipment specifications as well as alternatives for procurement-ready interior design plans
What we're looking for:
- [Individual] You have at least 5 years experience with office and shared spaces interior design.
- [Firm] You have experience designing multifamily, office, and/or retail
- You have experience communicating an artistic vision.
- You have tech design sensibility.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Illustrator, SketchUp or similar design software is a bonus.
- This is a short-term role for a 3 month assignment.
Why you'll love being part of the Culdesac Team:
- We work as a team: We are inclusive, drawing on the strengths of people who bring a different perspective. We find ways to work together that overcome disciplinary and geographic separations.
- We are driven, humble, and ambitious: Our mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We are doing this through hard work, asking for feedback along the way, and seeing our work through to the end, including the last 10%.
- We have a caring, supportive, and honest culture: We get to know one another, we support our community together, we have fun together, we even have Culdesac talent shows!
- We are revolutionizing the real estate landscape: Are you ready to be part of this transformation?
Culdesac is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.