Tempe, AZ /
Culdesac's mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood that opens 2021.
All of this draws from a core insight: the way we move defines the way we live. And the way we move is changing fast, with countless ways to get around today beyond private cars. Here's more.
Business Operations at Culdesac is a high impact role where you will have the ability to help shape the direction of the company. This is a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary role. You'll lead or support various initiatives based on the needs of the business. Your role is to be an effective generalist. You ramp up quickly in this fast-paced, growing environment. You solve problems. And you empower others to do their best work.
The prototypical background for bizops is consulting, finance, or another startup. But we have seen successful bizops candidates come from everywhere.
Here's a post from one of our founders on recruiting Opendoor's original bizops team.
- Drive strategic company alignment on cross-functional topics
- Strong focus on business development, building strong relationships, and influencing and motivating others
- Drive day to day operations and thrive off making the business run smoother
- Lead creation, identification, and analysis of key metrics to drive business insights
- Explore and analyze new growth opportunities
- Create and deliver compelling presentations
- Finally, roll-up sleeves and do whatever is required to make this the journey of a lifetime!
- Driven, ambitious person with an innate sense of humility
- Prior experience in finance/consulting/startup preferred
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, eager to lend a hand where needed.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all types of people, bringing creativity and fun but also able to take control and call the shots when needed.
- Passionate about positively impacting company culture and employee engagement.
- Juggle many complex projects, all with strict deadlines, simultaneously
Culdesac is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.