Real Estate Finance Analyst
In-Person (Tempe or Dallas) /
Real Estate /
Culdesac's mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood.
All of this draws from a core insight: the way we move defines the way we live. And the way we move is changing fast, with countless ways to get around today beyond private cars. Here's more.
As a Real Estate Finance Analyst at Culdesac, you will be an integral part of developing our next set of car-free projects. With our multi-disciplinary team, you will assist in the identification and analysis of potential locations and related outreach, design, and planning. Your work will span urban planning, real estate acquisition, and financial modeling. This role will report to the Director of Finance but also work closely with other members of the leadership team, including the Head of Real Estate and our co-founders.
This role will be based in Tempe or Dallas for 10 months of the year, and can be remote for 2 months during the summer (starting next summer).
How you will make an impact:
- Create and maintain custom pro-forma underwriting models on Culdesac Tempe and Culdesac's next set of projects
- Create pitch deck materials on Culdesac projects for partners, and local stakeholders
- Analyze market level information to identify and prioritize markets for expansion
- Draft investment memos and prepare due diligence materials for potential capital partners
- Conduct due diligence on land acquisition opportunities
- Prepare quarterly financial statements
How you will be successful:
- You have a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or a related field and 1-2 years of working experience
- You are experienced with financial modeling, have excellent analytical skills, and are familiar with corporate finance and real estate finance concepts.
- You have strong work ethic and attention to details and are effective with working under tight timelines.
- You have strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You are a driven, ambitious person with an innate sense of humility.
- You value a caring, supportive, and honest culture.
- You enjoy a lifestyle leveraging public transportation, micro mobility, and other alternatives to private cars.
Why you'll love being a part of the Culdesac team:
- We work as a team: We are inclusive, drawing on the strengths of people who bring a different perspective. We find ways to work together that overcome disciplinary and geographic separations.
- We are driven, humble, and ambitious: Our mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We are doing this through hard work, asking for feedback along the way, and seeing our work through to the end, including the last 10%.
- We have a caring, supportive, and honest culture: We get to know one another, we support our community together, we have fun together, we even have Culdesac talent shows!
- We are revolutionizing the real estate landscape: Are you ready to be part of this transformation?
Culdesac is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.