Senior Product Designer
Remote or In-Person (Tempe or SF) /
Culdesac's mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood.
All of this draws from a core insight: the way we move defines the way we live. And the way we move is changing fast, with countless ways to get around today beyond private cars. Here's more.
As our first designer, you will help to change the trajectory of our company. We're open to great people from all backgrounds.
- Inspiration: Work with product, engineering, and operations to push our thinking for what the best experience looks like for the first 1,000 residents at Culdesac Tempe. Then, help us identify how that experience scales to service 10,000 people.
- Research: Validate hypotheses for how to best serve our customers by personally testing the car-free lifestyle and partnering with our customer experience team to iterate the customer journey.
- Execute: Build user journeys, wireframes, and mockups to help us launch products faster.
- Share: Communicate designs across operations, engineering, and product to build alignment for next steps on edits to mocks, wireframes, and user journeys.
- Experience: At least 3+ years of experience launching delightful products. You should have a portfolio that showcases your ability to deliver high-quality UI and UX.
- Obsession: You must obsess over the details of the product and experience as well as understand what details we need to get right at each stage of the product development cycle.
- Communication: We're a small team that moves quickly. You must have exceptional storytelling skills through written, oral, and visual communication.
- Design systems: Ability to build a design system.
- Prototyping: Proficiency using interactive tools like Framer, Origami, etc.
- Collaboration: You must be low ego, collaborative, and able to take feedback well.
- Programming: Bonus if you have experience writing CSS based on designs.
Culdesac is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.