Software Engineer (Frontend)
New York /
Who we're looking for
CultureIQ is looking for a front-end engineer who wants to work on a product that is used by millions of users. The software that we create at CultureIQ is a critical part of the CultureIQ business, and we want customers to have a great experience while using it.
Engineering is a craft, and at CultureIQ we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end-user experiences we are designing. We teach and learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical best. We work to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability and scalability.
We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others. You have an understanding of modern front-end web development with experience building user interfaces for complex applications. You have a strong drive to improve yourself and others. You care deeply about the details while understanding the big picture.
Your First 30 Days
- Become familiar with CultureIQ’s current tools and processes and get up to speed on the current platform.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, product managers, designers and analysts.
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code.
- Ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be.
- Learn new skills and contribute to the platform.
Your First 60 Days
- Design, develop, and deploy features that scale and are user focused.
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to plan, design and build elegant solutions.
- Be an impactful contributor to our UI design system.
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices and collaborate with your fellow engineers.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth.
Who You Are
- You care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications.
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working.
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, user experience and design.
- You have a working understanding of object-oriented programming paradigms.
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and can communicate your ideas.
- You value team success over personal success.
- Knowledge of python is a bonus.
- Knowledge of design systems and Storybook is a bonus.
- Knowledge of accessibility compliance standards and a11y-related matters is a bonus.
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar area is a bonus.
CultureIQ is a remote first work environment. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. If the above resonates with you, please submit your resume for consideration!