New York /
Who we're looking for:
CultureIQ is looking for a software engineer who wants to work on a product that is used by millions of users. The software that we create at CultureIQ is a critical part of the CultureIQ business, and we want customers to have a great experience while using it.
Engineering is a craft, and at CultureIQ we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experiences we are designing. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical best. We work to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability and scalability.
We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others. You’ll have a strong analytical mind with high ambiguity tolerance and intrinsic motivation to disambiguate. You have a strong drive to improve yourself and others. You care deeply about the details while understanding the big picture.
Your First 30 Days
- Become familiar with CultureIQ platform and development processes
- Collaborate with other software engineers, product managers, designers and analysts
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code
- Ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be
- Learn new skills and contribute to services
Your First 60 Days
- Design, develop and deploy services that scale, are highly available, and extensible
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to plan, design and build elegant solutions
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices and collaborate with your fellow engineers
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
Who You Are
- You have a good understanding of modern web development and cloud application architecture
- We use Python and TypeScript, a lot...you will too
- You have an experience with Django, Flask, PostgreSQL
- You know and care about sound engineering practices
- Experience in working on cloud platforms like AWS is a plus
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- You have a working understanding of object oriented programming paradigms
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- You value team success over personal success
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar area is a bonus
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. If the above resonates with you, please submit your resume for consideration!