Picture Desk Editor
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 2 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
- Manage Picture Desk team of 5-6 Picture Researchers (located in London and New York), as well as hiring within the department
- Perform picture research for our editorial and commercial content teams, sourcing images from various agencies and outlets
- Manage various projects simultaneously, including but not limited to Commercial projects and Content Maintenance
- Brainstorm ideas for visually-led content and work with our content teams to bring these to fruition
- Work with Product team in developing and implementing DAM
- Negotiate deals and develop relationships with boutique/non-subscription image agencies
- Perform visual quality assurance for images on the website and on social media channels
- Serve as point of contact to copyright and IP queries from both internal teams and the public
- Research and develop ideas for photo-led content sourced from non-subscription agencies and photographers
- Execute effective image sourcing process
- Maintain and update creator training documents
- Ensure metadata best practice is upheld across all non-original photography
- Attend regular meetings with editorial teams to identify upcoming content that relies upon strong stock/sourced photography
- Candidate must be collaborative and flexible with a “can-do” attitude in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- This position reports to the Photo Lead in London and/or Head of Photography
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.