Thailand Freelance Writer (English)
A global network of local creatives is what makes Culture Trip different. We love working with people all over the world who are passionate about sharing what’s special and unique about the place they call home.
We’re currently looking for experienced freelance writers to create travel and culture stories in a variety of formats, including features, lists and interviews, with a specific focus on Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai.
- In-depth location knowledge of Thailand, from local cultures to customs and the latest trends
- Creative and full of great ideas for distinctive and engaging stories
- Strong reporting skills - you should be well-versed in the journalistic principles of reporting
- Bylines in nationally and/or internationally renowned English-language publications
- Strong research and communication skills with an interest in and sensitivity to cultural nuances
Some practical points:
- We'll offer varied commissions, based on your experience and expertise, and we welcome your pitches too. As part of your assignments, you’ll sometimes be asked to source appealing visual assets to accompany and illustrate your copy.
- You must include examples of your published work as part of your application.
If you have a passion for your craft, a commitment to quality, and are interested in joining a community of creators, then we’d love to hear from you.
If this opportunity doesn’t suit you, you can head to https://theculturetrip.com/freelance-jobs/ to check out our other location listings or to pitch us your ideas.
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.