Backend Software Engineer
Engineering (Tel Aviv)
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 2 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
We are looking for an experienced Java software engineer to join our infrastructure team based in Tel-Aviv. Our Back-End team handles key features in the product while using cutting edge technologies.
- Developing and maintaing our infrastructure, data ingestion system, A/B testing platform, and core product features.
- Working on multi servers and multi threaded systems
- Responsible for creating and maintaining scalable and robust systems
- Work closely in a cross functional team, to deliver unique user experience
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 4 years of experience as a Java software Engineer
- Building multi-threaded systems
- Working on high scale and robust environments
- Experience with REST API's
- Experience on Big Data environments - advantage
- B.A. / B.S.c degree in computers science \ mathematics from a known academic institute
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.