VP Product ( Content )
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 1.5 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
We are looking for a VP Product, reporting to the CPO, who is both hands-on and technical yet also user and design oriented. A born leader that can think strategically and also be pragmatic and tactical.
You should have a proven record in working with world class Engineering and Design teams on consumer facing products preferably involving media, search, recommendations and travel. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should think outside the box and take the initiative to continuously enhance the look, feel and user experience of Culture Trip.
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and successful startup in a dynamic and fast moving space. Our mission is to enable our users to experience what’s special and unique about people, places and cultures around the world and in order to achieve this we need to cover the world in an even layer of high quality, inspiring, continually updated content. This is not an easy task.
You need to be passionate about building a truly global and scalable platform and about new ways to create and distribute quality content of all types in the social and mobile age.
You will have overall Product responsibility for:
- A global network of talented freelance writers, illustrators, videographers, photographers and animators who need their own product and creation tools to manage onboarding, workflow, content creation, commissioning, analysis and insights.
- A data science driven tech platform that continuously monitors the interactions between users and content to analyse quality and identify gaps, understand what’s working and what’s not, and then to automatically guide content creation through insight and suggestion tools.
- Building a comprehensive, cohesive strategy and roadmap for the overall user experience of our creatives, and how they interface with our technology and product infrastructure to cover the world with inspiring, useful, continually up to date content.
- Quickly identify new market opportunities within media and travel and innovate on new format types and new ways of telling stories and exploring differences.
- Understanding and deeply caring about our creators and also our user needs
- Ensuring our creator product stays ahead of and leads the curve.
- Liaising with the editorial, social media, commercial and user facing teams, allowing them to influence and optimise the product in line with the needs of all sides of the business.
- Collaborating with the engineering team in Tel Aviv and London to determine the best technical implementation methods.
- Working with our design team on creating an elegant and beautiful UI across our product range.
- Being responsible for timely, efficient delivery and handle releases.
- Driving innovation on all levels across our product range.
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelors or post-graduate degree in Computer Science or similar technical field.
- 5-10 years end-to-end product management experience
- Significant people and organizational management skills. A natural leader and mentor.
- Extensive experience in senior stakeholder management
- Experience working in Agile/scrum (Certified Scrum Master or Certified Product Owner nice to have).
- The ability to flourish in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting and drive new initiatives.
- Hands-on software development experience (as engineer, designer or product manager), or at least a proven ability to engage deeply with data.
- Ability to produce comprehensive strategy which helps guide and prioritize the work of the Tech team
- Excellent analytical skills, paired with experience in using analytics software.
- Experience working in start-ups and within performance-driven work cultures.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams across content, social media, commercial, design and high tech.
- Strong sense of ownership, paired with great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team setting.
- Substantial full product life-cycle experience, from conceptualization through to optimization (e.g A/B testing)
- Experience working closely with SEO teams. (Basic knowledge of SEO also required)
- Verbal and written English as good as mother's tongue.
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.