Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 20 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016 and a massive $80 million Series B funding in 2018! Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 200 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last few months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 20 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs in the early 2017) and more than 1 million people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced professional based in our London office to work within our Photography department as a Picture Researcher. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should have a desire to make a real impact on how millions of locals and visitors experience their cities. You will work towards making Culture Trip known for exceptional images across the site and app, and help build up assets in our Digital Asset Management (DAM) library. You should be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with other teams, and have demonstrated the ability to brainstorm, ideate, create and execute content plans with your own team.
- Perform picture research for our content teams, sourcing images from various agencies and outlets
- Work alongside the content teams to identify new and existing articles that would benefit from original photography
- Source high-quality press images from featured organisations
- Upload images to our website through our content management system
- Ensure adherence by content teams to Culture Trip’s style guide
- Assist with coordinating photography shoots around the world
- Brainstorm ideas for visually-led content and work with our content teams to bring these to fruition
- Work closely with our social media managers to source great assets from the thousands of contributors who interact with us on our social media channels
- Assist with the recruitment and management of freelance photographers across the world when required
DESIRED SILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong eye for compelling visuals and ideas for content across a selection of locations and interests.
- Experience and/or knowledge of photography agencies and resources such as Shutterstock, Rex, Getty/AFP, Reuters, EPA, AP, PA.
- Experience in the negotiating and securing of assets from multiple sources including photographers, organisations, press agencies and independent companies.
- Experience with Wordpress and/or other content management system.
- Strong understanding of copyright, content licensing laws and IP rights associated with digital assets
- Superb management, organisational and people skills.
- Confidence interacting with writers, photographers, venues and other featured organisations both in person and over the phone.
- Great knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Aptitude for web analytics is desirable, including experience with Google Analytics or other related software.
- Experience interning or working in a similar role in media, publishing, or at an image agency or collective is desirable