Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 1.5 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced professional based in our London office to work within our Photography department as a Picture Researcher. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should have a desire to make a real impact on how millions of locals and visitors experience their cities. You will work towards making Culture Trip known for exceptional images across the site and app. You should be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with other teams, and have demonstrated the ability to brainstorm, ideate, create and execute content plans with your own team.
- Perform picture research for our content teams, sourcing images from various agencies
- Source high-quality press images from featured organisations
- Upload images to our website through our content management system
- Ensure image metadata is recorded accurately
- Brainstorm ideas for visually-led content and work with our content teams to bring these to fruition
- Act as point of contact for copyright and IP queries
- Perform visual quality checks
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience of 1-2 years working in a similar role
- Strong eye for compelling visuals and ideas for content across a selection of locations and interests
- Experience and/or knowledge of photography agencies and resources such as Shutterstock, Rex, AlamyExperience with Wordpress and/or other content management system
- Basic knowledge of copyright, content licensing laws and IP rights associated with digital assets
- Superb organisational and communication skills
- Confidence interacting with writers, photographers, venues and other featured organisations
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Aptitude for web analytics is desirable, including experience with Google Analytics or other related software
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.