iOS Software Engineer
Engineering (London) /
Our mission is to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and culture, special, unique and meaningful. Together with our users, we take a stand for an open, tolerant and cosmopolitan world. We deeply care about this, and aspire to be creative, sustainable and inclusive in everything we do.
We help our culturally curious audience explore and experience their world, wherever they are, wherever they go, with our award-winning stories and recommendations, and our curated collection of thousands of memorable local and international experiences and places to stay that can now be directly planned and booked via our site and our app.
While travel might be restricted right now, we know that the universal need to experience life never is. That’s why our ‘Stay Safe, Stay Curious’ campaign invites you to explore and experience your own cities and countries, and get outdoors where possible. We have also launched virtual experiences such as online cooking classes with local chefs, museum tours guided by experts and walking tours through much loved cities that you can enjoy from the comfort of your home.
Culture Trip has shown record-breaking growth: monthly unique visitors have gone to 15-20 million, app downloads have leapt to more than 2.7 million, social followers have increased to 8 million (in 2019, we were the fastest growing travel and media brand on social media) and our videos have been viewed more than 2.5 billion times since 2016.
Since 2019 alone, we have won more than 30 awards including 16 Telly awards, 10 Muse Creative awards, 2 Webby awards, 2 Lovie awards, the Travel Media’s Consumer Publication Of The Year Award, and our app was named App of the Day by Apple in the US and the UK.
Culture Trip was founded in 2011 and Dr Kris Naudts spent four years evolving the concept of Culture Trip alongside a small team. Dr Naudts secured seed funding of $2 million in 2015, Series A funding in 2016 when PPF Group invested $20 million and a further funding injection of $80 million in 2018.
As an iOS Developer, you will have full technical ownership of the Culture Trip iOS app, while assisting and working with fellow iOS engineers from various squads. You will need to prioritise user needs over the technical feasibility of implementing features and have high attention to detail when it comes to designing app’s look and feel. You know how to prioritise considerations like performance and accessibility, and you care about people and make their lives better through your work.
- Innovate and create a cutting-edge mobile expereince
- Integration with the back-end systems and APIs
- Working with our product managers and graphic designers
- Working with the native mobile engineers
Required Skills & Experiences
- 4+ years experience in iOS development with Swift in depth knowledge
- Strong understanding of iOS Platform and its associated toolchain and kits
- Experience in building and releasing iOS apps
- Working with iOS platform frameworks
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with A/B testing
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
- Familiar with open source contributions (i.e. PRs)
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines (preferably CircleCI).F
- Familiar with bash or shell scripting
- Solid understanding with iOS architectures and modules.
- Versed in SOLID principles.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Worked with VIPER architecture (or similar)
- Protocol Oriented Programming and Object Oriented programming skills
- Clean Code practises
- Modular development
- GraphQL exposure
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Development knowledge
- Scripting languages (shell script and python)
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.