Social Media Manager
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 1.5 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious social media professional to manage and grow our network of global social media accounts. You need to have a proven track record of success with platform management, including organic growth and engagement, an incredibly strong voice and an eye for compelling native content. You will be responsible for managing our accounts on a strategic and operational level, crafting the content, driving exponential growth and building brand awareness. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should think outside the box about social media, bringing in experience of organic and paid content, as well as video. In a nutshell: your job is to create the best and biggest social media pages in media. We offer an independent, dynamic and ambitious working environment with plenty of potential to leave a mark, and the opportunity to work on exciting content across multiple formats (written, video, photography, illustration). You will be part of a growing social media team of platform managers and report to the Social Media Director.
- Create and supervise daily content on social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest)
- Work alongside other channel managers covering Facebook, Instagram and more - offering support and covering when necessary
- Expand and execute the company’s global social media strategy for Social, encompassing growth and brand awareness, with a particular focus on driving and supervising the engagement with the company’s community - working towards the team’s larger engagement focused quarterly goals
- Work with content from across the following verticals: travel, food, fashion, art, design, film, books, music, real estate & architecture, sports, tech & entrepreneurship, health & wellness-- identifying the right content for each channel
- Drive and supervise the engagement with the company’s community on Social
- Build regular monthly and ad hoc reports tailored to specific goals and targets, focusing on engagement, sufficiently synthesised to be understood by stakeholders around the business
- Test and pilot new strategies and tactics across our social channels within a data-driven framework
- Research and use current trends, including trending topics
- Monitor, evaluate and improve the success of the social media strategy via the analytics tools available
- Stay on top of and produce research and proposals around emerging platforms that may be of value to the business; scoping out potential resource costs and opportunities
- Build up our brand awareness
- Develop partnerships with significant stakeholders, trendsetters and external organisations (local tourism boards, major art galleries, fashion brands…)
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing and other areas of Growth Marketing to produce and work on regular campaigns, both seasonal and brand-based as well as ad hoc projects
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in social media (essential) and marketing or editorial (optional)
- Ability to craft irresistible, catchy, intelligent copy
- Genuine passion for social media communities and the opportunities offered by social media sharing and participation
- Proven track record of success in growing followers and engagement on social media platforms
- Experience with native video content
- Experience with creating and managing commercial content
- Aptitude for data collection and analysis (with Google Analytics and other tools); ability to make accurate data-based inferences and apply them in dynamic, test-driven runs
- Excellent management and organisational skills are an absolute must
- Passion for culture, travel, food, art, lifestyle will come in handy
- You need a self-starting attitude and be confident to interact with team members and potential partners, both in person and over the phone or Skype
- You need to be an enthusiastic and dynamic yet collaborative team player with a high degree of integrity and personal responsibility
- You should be comfortable working within a global company and liaising across different time zones
- You must be open to new ways of thinking and operating, always challenging yourself
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.