Senior Project Architect / Technical Designer
Orlando, FL /
Play – Studio /
Cuningham seeks a Senior Project Architect/Technical Designer (licensed/non-licensed) to share in our vision to dream big, be daring, and create change. We are a forward-thinking design firm that values people, creative problem solving, and a learning mindset in the pursuit of unique, regenerative solutions that fit our clients’ needs.
This position will be located in Orlando, Florida where there is no physical Cuningham office. This role will act as an on-site construction administration architectural representative for a large scale multi-building project.
This role will provide on-site construction administration responsibilities and provide expertise in the technical aspects of architecture. They will conduct QA/QC process, collaborate with contractors, vendors, and specialty trade partners to provide real-time responses to field questions creatively solving construction challenges while ensuring the design intent is executed. They will observe and provide guidance as the overall technical aspects of the project are implemented in the field, apply sound and diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices, and act independently regarding architectural methods and complexities.
What you will do
- Provide on-site / real time coordination with Owner, Contractor, project consultants, specialty vendors/trade partners, and local jurisdictions. This is not a hybrid or remote position.
- Oversee the preparation and collaborate with the project team on model and drawing updates as required to respond to contractor RFI’s, submittals, and client design changes.
- Communicate the technical implications of design decisions to the team, contractor, and Owner.
- Coordinate with Owner’s Project leadership team to document and track change management.
- Understand the fundamental relationships and contractual obligations between the Architect, Consultants, Owner, and Contractor.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills by using critical thinking to evaluate problems, alerting others to potential problems in a timely manner.
- Review development of documents and participate in company quality assurance/quality control activities, as well as incorporate feedback from the project manager and project designer related to development of project revisions.
- Coordinate with design's technology solutions for integration into design and construction.
What we look for
- Professional degree (bachelor’s or higher) in architecture or related field preferred. Technical, vocational or non-professional bachelor’s degree considered with extensive related experience.
- 15+ years of architectural experience, preferably in hospitality-based or themed entertainment project types.
- Able to perform the duties, handle the responsibilities, and have the knowledge, skills, and qualifications of a project architect, with demonstrated repeated success in doing so.
- Has strong design and architecture awareness and can participate in design reviews and promote design continuity throughout the life of a project.
- Capable of working well with others on the team, cross-office, and cross-functionally including collaborative work relationships with Owners, general contractors, and trade partners.
- Active registration/license in at least one U.S. state is preferred.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam required. Proficiency in Revit Architecture, Adobe Creative Suite, and BIM 360 preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including clear and concise communication, active listening and observation as well as seek understanding of others' points of view looking at verbal and non-verbal cues to encourage open and honest discussions.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.