Las Vegas, NV
Play – Resort/Hospitality
Cuningham Group Architecture, Inc. seeks a talented and motivated Architectural Designer, to join us and to contribute to our success and presence in Las Vegas office. At Cuningham Group our ability to deliver design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative people, curious to learn and eager to grow professionally within a highly collaborative team environment. That’s you.
This position is about design. While you have demonstrated success and experience working through all aspects and phases of building design and construction, you will be expected to focus on design. You are comfortable sharing and presenting design concepts, to team members, clients, and contractors. You are committed to design innovation, technical craft, and environmental stewardship. You will be challenged to invite our clients and consultants into the creative process, a uniquely co-creative design process. You have a track record of achievement along with a healthy sense of humor. You are a self-directed learner and have superb technical skills related to 3d modeling software. You also on occasion draw on napkins and build rip and tear models when it’s called for. You care about making a difference in the community and uplifting the human experience by design.
Qualified applicants should submit a portfolio, resume and cover letter detailing their experience.
What you will do
- Integrate design, technical, and management efforts to help deliver a fully coordinated set of drawings through a collaborative team-based process.
- As needed, hand sketch and build rough models to convey design ideas and foster design discussion.
- Share and present design concepts, to team members, clients, and contractors.
- Focus on conceptual through schematic design, with continued engagement through the remaining project phases to facilitate design continuity.
- Coordinate and collaborate directly with clients, project consultants, and contractors to develop design documents.
- Provide design leadership and mentorship.
- May require some travel.
What we look for
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Seven years of experience, with Hospitality experience preferred.
- Experience and proficiency presenting design to internal and external audiences, and with real-time design ideation.
- Self-directed learner with superb technical skills related to 3d modeling software.
- Willingness and ability to work closely with project architects and project managers.
- Proficiency in Revit and Office 365 required.
- Proficiency in hand sketching.
- Skills in design software such as 3D Studio, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, BIM 360, Glue, Dynamo, Grasshopper, Enscape, Lumion, etc. is preferred.
- Licensed Architects are preferred.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.