Student Summer Intern 2020
Culver City, CA
Interns – Summer Internship
A Cuningham Group Architecture internship is a great way to step into the professional world and experience what it is like to be part of a cross-discipline team of architects, interior designers, and landscape architects, collaborating together to shape and design projects in multi-family housing, healthcare, education, corporate, retail, restaurant, and hospitality markets. You will receive essential on-the-job training that will boost your skill sets, increase your technical knowledge, expand your network, and give you access to a vast array of interesting and fast-paced projects while immersed in our creative and welcoming Cuningham Group culture.
Some of the many things you may have the opportunity to do as a Cuningham Group Student Intern include
- Collaborate on project designs, working directly with project teams to design and develop projects, iterate options for clients, and research sustainable construction materials and methods;
- Prepare presentations to clients using state of the art technology including virtual reality, 3D modeling and printing, and gaming engine driven walkthroughs;
- Participate in the development of construction documents using AutoDesk Revit;
- Experience construction administration with construction site visits to one of our various local projects;
- Learn about various project types, go behind-the-scenes of project management, and discover the ins and outs of a national practice through learning opportunities that provide our summer cohort with access to every area of the firm and its leadership.
To be eligible for this internship, candidates should have
- An intense willingness and desire to learn, participate, question, and interact with project teams, mentors, and other interns around the country;
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program with a minimum of two years completed, or one year in a graduate program in architecture (accredited programs preferred, but not required);
- Availability to dedicate 40-hours per week for the duration of the 12-week summer program – and interest in an opportunity to continue part-time during the academic school year;
- Introductory-level proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Autodesk Revit.
- Enthusiastic and curious individuals should submit a letter of interest, résumé in PDF format, and portfolio samples (no more than 10-pages). If you are including group projects in your portfolio, please indicate your role on the project.
Summer Internship Recruiting Schedule
- Application Deadline: March 2, 2020
- Interviews Conducted: March 2020
- Final Decision Made by April 3, 2020
- Summer internship program begins approximately June 1 and runs through August 21, 2020.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.