Architect/Designer II | #ML00076
Las Vegas, NV /
Play – Studio /
Cuningham seeks an Architectural Designer (licensed/non-licensed) to join our themed entertainment team, to share in our vision to dream big, be daring, and create change. We are a forward-thinking design firm that values people, creative problem solving, and a learning mindset in the pursuit of unique, regenerative solutions that fit our clients’ needs.
The successful candidate will have two or more years of experience, preferably in, but not limited to, hospitality or themed entertainment related design. They should be highly motivated and thrive in a collaborative environment. We strive to innovate and look for our team members to have a learning mindset and come to the table with creative solutions. We would love to add to our team in our Culver City, Las Vegas and Minneapolis offices but are open to those in a non-Cuningham office location as well (remote).
What you will do
- Assist in developing design solutions, coordination and production efforts on a wide range of Architectural projects, through all phases of the design.
- Create in an iterative and collaborative design process through simple sketching, 2D and 3D modeling, as well as computational methods.
- Support and research regenerative approaches to design and performance of the built environment.
- Assist with and prepare design presentations, consistent with the Cuningham brand.
- Support the development and documentation of projects, through both creative design and technical detailing.
- Actively engage with quality review process to achieve technical excellence.
- Work hard, have fun, challenge yourself and challenge others.
What we look for
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture.
- 2+ years' experience, working with an Architecture firm.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam and good hand-drawing skills.
- Basic skills with Revit required. Advanced skills, experience with BIM360, preferred.
- 3D modeling skills in Rhino, 3D rendering skills in Enscape, Lumion, and 3DS Max preferred.
- Strong communication skills with teams in order to build professional relationships across the firm
- Exhibits daily discipline and time management skills towards meeting deadlines.
- Leads with curiosity and creativity, ready to solve the design problems at hand.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.