Project Architect | #ML00102
Denver, CO /
Live – Studio /
Cuningham is seeking a motivated, strategic, and well-rounded Project Architect (licensed/non-licensed) who can lead with curiosity and thrive in a purpose-driven environment. As a Project Architect, you will join a strong studio team that cares about delivering effective and meaningful design solutions while reinforcing the firm’s commitment to regenerative design.
This role will be responsible for drawings, specifications, and approval of materials and construction. Plans and develops projects of medium to large scope not only internally with the design team but also externally with the coordination of the consultants. Leads and supervises portions of design, technical, and production aspects of the project team through to successful production of deliverables. Applies sound and diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices. Acts independently regarding architectural methods and complexities.
What you will do
- Integrate your design and technical skills and expertise to deliver fully coordinated construction document sets through a team-based approach.
- Be responsible for the development and coordination of drawings and specifications, code and agency compliance building performance and constructability with an understanding of related cost.
- Communicate the technical implications of design decisions to the team and client.
- Coordinate directly with clients, project consultants, and local jurisdictions to develop full and coordinated construction documents and specifications.
- Provide clear team leadership, mentorship. Oversee and provide regular, timely direction to project team members, with additional attention given to those with the least experience and/or expertise.
- Plan work by preparing cartoon drawing sets and/or storyboards to outline tasks, deliverables, and work with project managers to develop critical path decision-making for the scope of the project.
- In collaboration with the project manager and project designer, determine the appropriate deliverable structure and necessary tasks for assessing each project’s level of completion through an earned value assessment.
- Provide assistance to project manager in preparation of project staffing plans, fee, budget, and schedule.
- Understand the fundamental relationships and contractual obligations between the Architect, Consultants, Owner, and Contractor.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills by using critical thinking to evaluate problems, alerting others to potential problems in a timely manner.
- Review development of documents and participate in company quality assurance/quality control activities, as well as incorporate feedback from the project manager and project designer related to development of projects.
- May require some travel.
What we look for
- Professional degree (bachelor’s or higher) in architecture.
- 8+ years of overall industry experience, preferred, three years of multifamily, and completion of one to two projects in the role of project architect or comparable.
- Able to perform the duties, handle the responsibilities, and have the knowledge, skills, and qualifications of a project architect, with demonstrated repeated success in doing so.
- Has strong design and architecture sensibilities and can participate in design reviews and design continuity throughout the life of a project.
- Understanding of sustainable and regenerative design practices including a basic awareness of current certification programs such as Green Communities, LEED, WELL, etc.
- Capable of working well with others on the team, cross-office, and cross-functionally.
- Active registration/license in at least one U.S. state is preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit Architecture and Bluebeam required. Proficiency in Enscape, Lumion, Adobe Creative Suite, and BIM 360 preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including: clear and concise communication, active listening and observation as well as seek understanding of others' points of view looking at verbal and non-verbal cues to encourage open and honest discussions
Benefits & Compensation
- Compensation Range: $79,000 to $186,000 annually. Compensation commensurate with experience, capabilities, licensure/certification, and location of residence.
- Benefits: Cuningham offers a variety of benefits to employees including; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.