Project Manager | #ML00107
Culver City, CA /
Live – Studio /
Cuningham is seeking a motivated, strategic, and well-rounded Project Manager who can lead with curiosity and thrive in a purpose-driven environment. As a Project Manager , you will join a strong team that cares about delivering effective and meaningful design solutions while reinforcing the firm’s regenerative design values.
This role will have full responsibility for managing all aspects of multifamily residential type projects from early entitlements to construction completion. You will manage multiple projects simultaneously, supporting teams and fostering great design. The Project Manager prepares and maintains project management plans for project success, including risk assessment, schedules, staff plans, work plans, and tracking of project scope % completion. Commonly performed tasks include defining clear project scope, running design coordination meetings, and leading the team in project strategy and planning. You will oversee and provide regular, timely direction and feedback to project team members, with additional attention given to those with the less experience and/or expertise.
The Project Manager will be responsible for leading and coordinating the efforts of their project teams, both internally within Cuningham and externally with consultants and clients. As the primary point of contact for the client, you will be responsible for the coordination and communication of the project. The Project Manager will play a key role in continuing to expand our business through project leadership and client management.
What you will do
- Lead and manage projects and teams.
- Manage client budgets, schedules, and development program.
- Be responsible for day-to-day client relations.
- Estimate fees, determine scope of work, and prepare proposals and contracts.
- Develop project staffing plans, as well as update project staffing plans and project schedules throughout the duration of the project.
- Develop and define project deliverables in collaboration with team leadership.
- Motivate and manage cross-office project teams.
- Plan and facilitate/delegate internal and external communications.
- Review matters pertaining to budget and scope of services with clients.
- Support Studio Leaders with revenue projections.
What we look for
- Strong leadership, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge of architectural practice.
- Professional degree (bachelor’s or higher) in architecture
- 5+ years of experience managing medium to large scale projects within a design firm, with a minimum of 10 total years of experience in the AEC industry. Prior experience with multi-family or senior living projects preferred.
- Able to perform all the duties, handle the responsibilities, and has the knowledge, skills, and qualifications of an architect, with demonstrated repeated success in project completion.
- Communication skills: provides clear, concise information to others via verbal or written communication; actively listens and learns through observation.
- Demonstrated success leading and inspiring project teams including technical and design staff.
- Ability to manage staff at all levels of experience, seniority, and authority.
- Ability to understand and analyze project financial performance.
- Ability to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies within the project process.
- Experience with fee creation and management.
- Experience with contract development and administration.
- Project management software proficiency. Deltek Vantagepoint proficiency preferred.
- Proficiency in Office 365 including Microsoft Project.
- Project documentation software proficiency. Revit and Bluebeam preferred.
$82,000 - $141,000 a year
Compensation commensurate with experience, capabilities, licensure/certification, and location of residence.
Benefits: Cuningham offers a variety of benefits to employees including; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.