Front Desk Administrative Assistant
Support Services – Admin
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking a Front Desk Administrative Assistant to perform Administrative duties in our Minneapolis office. We are looking for motivated individuals who have 3+ years of Administrative experience to support our Admin team.
What You Will Do
- Answer incoming multi-line telephone calls in a professional manner, determines purpose of call, and transfers/forwards calls to appropriate employee or department, as well as answer questions about the firm including directions and other general information.
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner, determining the nature of business and contacts the appropriate employees of their guest’s arrival.
- Ensure visitor area is always warm and welcoming and clean.
- Schedule meetings and conference rooms for others as required.
- Maintain coverage calendar to ensure continuity of coverage for the reception desk.
- Draft, proof, edit, and manage company and project correspondence, documents, and files.
- Data entry and management of contacts/client/vendor and project information in Deltek Vision database.
- Make travel reservations (air, hotel, car, ground transportation) as required.
- Prepare expense reports for Principals and Project Managers.
- Order food and beverage and/or assist with setup and cleanup for client/guest/employee meetings.
- Order flowers and other gifts to be sent to employees and/or clients upon request.
- Provide support to other firm administrative team members as needed.
- Various other projects and duties as assigned.
What we are Looking For
- Ability to be at work on time and as scheduled: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (includes morning (15 minutes), lunch (1 hour), and afternoon (15 minutes) breaks).
- Ability to be flexible in schedule and adaptable to constant change.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to follow instructions and handle details accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to learn computer software programs as required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to speak and write English effectively and professionally before groups of guests or employees of firm.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining composure.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Skills in prioritizing, organizing and following assignments through to completion.
- Skills with interpersonal relationships and ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and outside contacts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam, and other database and scheduling software.
Preferred candidates will have
- Minimum of 3 years of prior administrative assistant experience.
- Experience using Deltek Vision.
- Prior experience working in the A/E/C industry, preferably at an architectural firm.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.