Accountant | #ML00105
Denver, CO /
Practices – Business - Accounting /
Cuningham seeks a Corporate Accountant to share in our vision to dream big, be daring, and create change. We are a forward-thinking design firm that values people, creative problem solving, and a learning mindset in the pursuit of unique, regenerative solutions that fit our clients’ needs.
The Corporate Accountant will be responsible for preparing biweekly, multi-state payroll, assisting with processing of Accounts Payable, and performing various general ledger accounting and corporate tax tasks in collaboration with our accounting team. The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge of best practices in payroll, accounts payable, and general ledger accounting in a corporate environment with greater than 100 employees.
What you will do
- Process biweekly payroll for all office locations.
- Enter payroll changes into Vantagepoint.
- Prepare payroll variance reports for each payroll and prepare and enter related journal entry into Vantagepoint.
- Prepare cash disbursement for each payroll and upload the entry into Vantagepoint.
- Calculate manual checks as needed.
- Review year-end W-2s for accuracy.
- Review payroll tax returns prepared by Paycom for Federal, State and local payroll tax.
- Oversee and coordinate payroll tax issues with Paycom, including setup of new states and employee transfers between states.
- Download and prepare payroll reports for management as needed.
- Assist employees with payroll-related questions.
- Train new hires on the process for entering time into Vantagepoint.
- Assist the Accounting team in processing AP invoices.
- Reconcile cash accountants with bank statements.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance and/or business management or equivalent experience.
- At least 2+ years of relevant finance or accounting experience.
- Payroll certification, preferred.
- Multi-state payroll processing experience required. Along with knowledge of local, state, and federal payroll tax laws.
- Proven experience in effectively managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience using Paycom and Deltek Vantagepoint, preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Excel.
- Prior experience working in the A/E/C industry, preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- National Compensation Range: $55,000 - $94,000 (Annual Salary). Compensation commensurate with experience, capabilities, licensure/certification and location of residence.
- Benefits: Cuningham offers a variety of benefits to employees including; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.