Interior Designer | Workplace
Live/Work – Interiors
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking an Interior Designer for our Minneapolis office. We are looking for motived individuals committed to high quality design to join our Workplace Studio. Successful candidates will be responsible to lead interior design on multiple projects by collaborating on design, product sourcing, preparing presentations, material and FF&E selections/specifications.
This is a great opportunity to really explore design and get to know a client. To have a lasting relationship with a great group of design and construction professionals. How often do you get a job opportunity that is truly about lasting and continuing creativity and a client who appreciates your work and wants to see it done right. It’s truly a special client relationship and a team that focuses on quality design decisions.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, portfolio and cover letter detailing their experience.
What you will do
- Working in a team environment.
- Collaborate on and leading conceptual design process.
- Collaborate on presentations and computer generated renderings utilizing Photoshop or other programs.
- Create and manage design presentations at a regular fast paced interval
- Selection, research and specification of all Furnishings, Fixtures &Equipment, Finishes and Lighting.
- Construction documentation including technical plans, details understanding and utilizing Revit.
- Establish relationships with client, consultants and contractors and coordinate work requests from them as appropriate.
- Travel for on-site design and coordination meetings will be weekly or bi-weekly for one to three days at a time.
- Provide input on pricing discussions.
- Committed to working with team members in multiple locations.
- Participate in staffing discussions.
What we look for
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design. NCIDQ certified is preferred.
- 8 or more years' of interior design experience.
- Fast idea generation
- Ability to adjust in real time
- Craft the story – Follow through
- Has a passion for following through highly creative designs to technical documentation.
- Experience with hospitality environments
- Broad materials knowledge
- Excited to engage with large diverse teams
- Foster collaboration
- Ability to plan several months ahead
- Communication skills in all forms
- Flexibility in work schedule. Overtime is sometimes necessary when working on deadline driven projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience in Sketch Up, Rhino or other modeling programs a plus.
- Experience with Revit documentation.
- Commitment to sustainable design.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.