Live/Work – Workplace
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking a Workplace Leader. Depending on candidate’s current location, this role could be located in our Los Angeles, Minneapolis or Denver office.
We are pleased to offer a key national and strategic leadership role within the company to further strengthen our Workplace segment. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and communications skills capable of building/expanding portfolio and network across several offices.
What you will do
- Workplace Strategy (75%)
- Workplace focused, industry networking
- Work with marketing to promote Cuningham Group to workplace industry
- This position is primarily focused on the generation of professional services for the firm measured by number/value of opportunities, resulting in sales and revenue goals to be determined with the candidate
- Workplace Studio Leadership (10%)
- Participate in strategic annual planning development
- Participate in firm Discipline Groups
- Assist Market Group Leaders in coordinating staff efforts
- Specific Project Leadership (15%)
- Lead, guide and manage projects, teams, and budgets
- Develop strategic project planning
- Deliver profitable projects as defined by firm
- Client care and retention for key workplace projects
What we look for
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience working with corporate interiors, development based and/or build to suit projects in a project management and business development capacity
- Exceptional relationship management skills including the ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Must have demonstrated vision strategic thinking in an entrepreneurial environment including the ability to support, promote, and ensure alignment with the organization's vision and values.
- The ability to influence others by gaining others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
- Must possess a results orientation and the ability to focus personal efforts on achieving results consistent with the studio and the organization’s objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams and guide group efforts including providing appropriate level of feedback concerns group and individual progress.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, Office 365 and Deltek Vision desired.
- Licensure or Certification preferred.
- 25% Travel is anticipated.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.