Healthcare Studio Leader
Culver City, CA
Heal – Studio Leadership
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking a Studio Leader in our Culver City office. Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their experience.
At Cuningham Group, our ability to deliver design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative people who are curious to learn and eager to grow professionally within a highly collaborative team environment. We hope that’s you. Our Culver City office has an opportunity for a Healthcare Studio Leader whose focus will be on business development, client relationships, studio and project leadership. The successful candidate will be committed to design excellence and thrive in an environment of cross-office collaboration while leading with an entrepreneurial spirit. As a studio leader, you will play a strategic role in continuing to build, lead and grow highly profitable architectural teams.
Business Development and Client Management
- In collaboration with healthcare leadership and marketing, lead efforts to develop the healthcare marketing plan for the Los Angeles area and southern California. Identify target clients and create a business development plan.
- Build, nurture, and sustain long-term relationships by managing expectations and delivering what is thought to be never possible by our clients.
- Be a trusted partner in clients' business strategy by ensuring superior service and satisfaction.
Studio and Project Leadership
- Lead a team of talented design professionals; participate in recruiting, performance management, and career development of staff.
- Provide leadership and management necessary for the development and growth of the Culver City studio as well as the firmwide healthcare practice.
- Collaborate with the healthcare market group leadership team to ensure the group is maintaining high professional work quality and meeting department utilization goals.
- Partner with the healthcare market group operations leader to ensure that marketing & sales budgets, revenue, staff and project performance targets are achieved.
- Provide leadership on key projects and be accountable for the financial performance of your projects and the studio collectively.
- Collaborate with other practice leaders to enhance the culture for design innovation and excellence and elevate the quality of design.
- Represent the firm and its mission and values to the public and support new business development.
- Promote and reinforce the firm’s cultural philosophy within the studio.
What we are looking for
- A professional degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent combination of related experience and/or training .
- Professional registration as an architect or interior designer is required.
- High Visibility in a professional association is desirable.
- Significant healthcare project experience (including OSHPD) that includes a range of building/program types, complexity and scale.
- Proven leadership and demonstrated track record of winning work and growing market share in planning, renovation, or new construction projects for health systems, independent hospitals and/or academic medical centers.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit a high degree of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management skills.
- Healthcare sector client relationships in southern California focusing on Los Angeles.
- Some travel required.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.