Support Services – Marketing
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking a Marketing Manager in our Minneapolis office.
This position will focus on supporting the marketing efforts of our Minneapolis office. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and working closely with the Principals in the Minneapolis office, the Marketing Manager will focus on proposal submissions and other related marketing efforts. The ideal candidate has a thorough knowledge of marketing architectural professional services across multiple market sectors. To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated the ability to work in fast-paced environment with changing deadlines while effectively managing time and resources. Previous marketing experience in an architectural, engineering, or construction firm is required.
What you will do
- Responsible for developing and coordinating the preparation and submission of proposals, qualifications packages, presentations, brochures and other marketing related materials both digitally and in print.
- Participate in interview preparation and client presentations by reinforcing our value proposition and differentiators.
- Work with leadership to develop and execute strategic planning efforts for target markets and clients.
- Utilize strong writing skills to generate original written content for a variety of marketing materials from proposals, project pages and resumes to project design narratives for media releases, social media posts and award submissions.
- Schedule and coordinate project photography.
- Keep abreast of industry, client and competitor activities.
- Monitor social, demographic and economic trends that support marketing and strategic plans and pursuits.
- Utilize Deltek Vision to monitor and track opportunities, marketing events and employee/project information.
- Represent the firm to clients, business associates and industry-related organizations, as needed.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with changing deadlines while effectively managing time and resources.
- Be able to engage collaboratively across the firm’s offices and studios, as well as within the larger marketing department, in the pursuit of mutual goals.
What we look for
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of previous experience in marketing for an architectural, engineering or construction firm.
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook and ability to adjust to variety of working styles and personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and focus on solutions-oriented results.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated ability to be part of a growing, fast-paced, creative, team environment.
- The ability to work independently or collaboratively on multiple deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through with a keen attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign specifically.
- Experience with Deltek Vision and Open Asset a plus.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.