Field Construction Administrator
Phoenix, AZ /
Live – Studio /
As a Field Construction Administrator at Cuningham, you will join a welcoming team that embraces advanced technologies and flexible work environments. Join us as we design solutions that are insightful, well-coordinated, and uniquely fitted to their place and purpose.
This role will be responsible for monitoring the construction administration and oversight for our valued multi-family and senior living clients. You will be engaged with managing relationships with contractors, consultants, and clients, while providing consistent and thoughtful responses to all architecturally related questions. Candidates should be well organized and well versed in problem solving. We are looking to add someone to our team in the Phoenix area, preferably someone with senior living experience.
What you will do
- Monitor onsite construction for quality and compliance to all construction details and specification manuals.
- Coordinate with design and consultant teams, communicating project progress and maintain accurate project schedules including regular visits to the construction sites.
- Coordinate with project manager regularly on estimates, invoices, and work orders.
- Assist contractors to evaluate all contract documents and prepare reports for any deficiencies, changes, etc.
- Participate in various construction progress meetings and maintain records of construction progress.
- Develop and issue various construction documents updates and amendments as well as issue notices to contractors if required.
- Coordinate with project manager and recommend changes to contract if required.
- Document construction activities and evaluate progress of projects.
- Collaborate with design team and gather and evaluate all change orders and substitutions and maintain records of all changes.
- Monitor all ad hoc requests and maintain logs of all shop recordings/drawings and submittals throughout construction.
- Monitor contractor drawings at various intervals of construction
- Evaluate all change orders and applications for payment from contractors and recommend changes if required.
- Manage compliance to company safety requirements.
- Monitor construction activity on projects through all stages and prepare reports for same and evaluate punch list for all project close out.
- Assist project manager in preparing project staffing plan, fee, budget, and schedule
- Consistent and frequent site visits required.
What we look for
- Associate’s degree or higher in architecture or architecture related field.
- 10+ years of overall architecture experience, senior living/multifamily experience preferred.
- Active registration/license in at least one U.S. state, a plus.
- Proficiency in Revit Architecture and Bluebeam required. Familiarity in BIM 360 preferred.
- Familiarity with contractor-based CA software, i.e. ProCore, Newforma, Viewpoint etc.
- Demonstrated experience in construction administration processes on large scale projects.
- Has strong design and architecture sensibilities and can participate in design reviews and promote design continuity throughout the construction of a project.
- Understanding of sustainable and regenerative design practices and committed to apply them as able throughout life of the project.
- Good communication skills, capable of working well with others on the team, cross-office, and cross-functionally including collaborative work relationships with general contractors and trade partners.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.