Culver City, CA
Play – Studio Leadership
We are pleased to offer this key leadership role within the company to further strengthen our hospitality segment. The Hospitality Leader will be responsible for fostering business development activities that emphasize long term client relationships while adding new clients to the firm’s hospitality sector. He or she will work with Studio Leadership to create the hospitality sector’s overall vision and strategy, and will assist with its financial, technical, and design excellence. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for hospitality design and provide initial assistance in the planning and design of both existing and new hospitality work for the firm.
What you will do
- Business Development (50%)
- Secure new hospitality clients to work with Cuningham Group.
- Provide the strategy to win work and drive business development goals for the Hospitality sector.
- Form a strong partnership with the marketing team to promote Cuningham Group to hotel industry clients/developers.
- This position’s primary focus is the successful generation of professional services which will be measured by the number and value of opportunities, resulting in sales and profitable revenue.
- Goals to be determined with the candidate.
- Hospitality Sector Leadership (10%)
- Participate in Resort/Hospitality Studio strategic annual planning strategy meetings.
- Assist operations team in coordinating staffing efforts.
- Promote and foster design excellence.
- Specific Project Leadership (40%)
- Work closely with Project Managers, Project Architects, and Project Designers to help create projects that are successful financially and functionally and aesthetically impactful.
- Develop strategic project planning and provide technical expertise.
- Leverage the design team to help our clients achieve their strategic goals.
- Provide client care and retention for key hospitality projects.
What we look for
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience working in a business development capacity.
- 5- star luxury resorts
- Upscale and boutique hotels
- Full service convention center hotels
- Branded and dual brand hotels
- Hotels that focus on specific clientele (business, destination travel, etc.)
- Knowledge of and developed network within the west coast hospitality market, specifically in California, with the potential to leverage these throughout the southwest (e.g. Nevada and Arizona).
- Exceptional communication and presentation and skills.
- Must possess strong relationship management skills, including the ability to develop and strengthen partnerships internally and externally.
- Must have visionary strategic thinking in an entrepreneurial environment including the ability to successfully support, promote, and ensure alignment with the organization’s vision and core values.
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams and guide group efforts including providing the appropriate level of feedback to the team and individuals.
- Proficiency in presentation software, Office 365, and Deltek Vision desired.
- Licensure or Certification preferred.
- 25% Travel is anticipated.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.