Landscape Designer | #ML00073
Minneapolis, MN /
Grow – Studio /
Cuningham seeks a Landscape Designer I/II to share in our vision to dream big, be daring, and create change. We are a forward-thinking design firm that values people, creative problem solving, and a learning mindset in the pursuit of unique, regenerative solutions that fit our clients’ needs.
We are seeking an emerging design professional to be responsible for performing a variety of assignments in all aspects of landscape design from project conception to construction completion, as well as supporting the development and documentation of the technical solutions required by both the design and the local governing code. Successful candidates should be highly motivated and thrive in a collaborative environment. We strive to innovate and look for our team members to have a learning mindset and come to the table with creative solutions.
Currently seeking candidates based out of our Denver, CO and Minneapolis, MN offices.
What you will do
- Assist in design coordination and production efforts on a wide range of regenerative design, urban design, landscape architecture, and planning projects, through all phases of the design process.
- Assist with and prepare design presentations, consistent with the Cuningham brand.
- Support the development and documentation of designs using AutoCAD and/or Revit software.
- Assist in the coordination of documents with consultants, contractors, etc.
- Participate in construction administration activities with Project Landscape Architect and on-site staff.
- Assist project management and design teams with on-site observations and verifications.
- Be committed to design innovation, technical craft, and environmental stewardship.
- Be focused on project goals and bringing the project design concept to fruition.
- Work hard, have fun, challenge yourself, and challenge others.
What we look for
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture.
- 2+ years of landscape architectural experience.
- Has strong design sensibilities, can participate in design reviews and promote design continuity throughout the life of a project.
- Understanding of sustainable and regenerative design practices including a basic awareness of current certification programs such as Green Communities, LEED, WELL, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including: clear and concise communication, active listening and observation as well as seeking understanding of others' points of view to encourage open and honest discussions.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong graphic design and presentation skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and good hand-drawing skills. Revit skills strongly desired, basic skills a plus. 3D Rendering skills in Rhino, Enscape, and 3DS Max preferred.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.