Project Architect | #ML00075
Las Vegas, NV /
Play – Studio /
Cuningham is seeking a motivated, strategic, and well-rounded Project Architect/Team Leader (licensed/non-licensed) who can lead with curiosity and thrive in a purpose-driven environment. As a Project Architect, you will join a strong themed entertainment team that cares about delivering effective and meaningful design solutions.
Candidates should have eight to fifteen years of experience with a focus on hospitality or themed entertainment projects. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team leader, highly motivated, and ready to join our team. We would love to add to our team in our Culver City, Las Vegas and Minneapolis offices but are open to those in a non-Cuningham office location as well (remote).
What you will do
- Integrate design, technical, and management disciplines, to deliver a fully coordinated set of drawings through a collaborative team-based process.
- Be responsible for the coordination of the drawings and specifications including program compliance; code and agency compliance; schedule commitments and product research.
- Develop project documents for bidding and construction.
- Provide input to the design and construction schedule – communicate the technical implication of design decisions.
- Organize and direct the architectural team to execute the work in an orderly, timely and coordinated manner.
- Coordinate directly with clients, project consultants and local jurisdictions to develop full construction documents and specifications.
- Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project.
- Provide clear team leadership, mentorship, and collaboration with the client and all consultants.
- Ability to complete construction administration tasks, determining priorities and proper delegation and execution as needed.
- Project expectations will include travel approximately once per month.
What we look for
- Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- 8 to 15 years of experience with hospitality or themed entertainment projects preferred.
- Strong design sensibilities and experience with creative direction.
- Proficiency in Revit and Office 365 required. Skills in other software such as Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit C4R, Glue, etc. are ideal.
- Deep knowledge with major building systems and a strong background in detailing is desired.
- Willingness to work closely with project designers and project managers.
- Ability to mentor staff with less experience.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.