San Diego, CA
Support Services – Admin
Cuningham Group, an award-winning architecture firm with 8 offices around the world, is seeking an Administrative Assistant in our San Diego office. Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their experience.
Our San Diego office has an excellent opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated, creative problem solver to handle administrative and office organization details. In this role, you will work with a team of Architects, Project Managers and Principals to help their group run efficiently and support their administrative needs, as well as help the office keep organized, all while making it appear to happen seamlessly. Professional development opportunities are available, as well as opportunities to develop new processes and efficiencies for both project and office operations. This role will belong to a large administrative team that works hard to support and train each other.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Prepare, transcribe, proof, edit, and manage company and project correspondence, documents and files, including AIA contracts.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, including scheduling conference rooms and/or off-site locations, ordering food and beverages, and setting up/cleaning up for meetings as needed.
- Manage calendars for team Principals.
- Prepare and submit expense reports for team Principals.
- Research options and work with company travel agency to make travel arrangements (air, hotel, car, etc.) for team Principals.
- Data entry and management of project and contacts/client/vendor information in Deltek Vision database.
- Answer phone calls and greet clients and guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Maintain general office organization, including monitoring, ordering and stocking office supplies.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming deliveries, as well as send/ship outgoing deliveries.
- Maintain functionality of the office (ex. point of contact for Enterprise Information Services and cleaning services, space-related issues with building management).
- Scheduling bi-monthly lunch and learn sessions.
- Provide support to other firm administrative team members as needed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ administrative support experience.
- Proven experience in effectively managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience providing excellent general administrative support.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with collaborative teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Skype, as well as Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam, and other database and scheduling software.
- Preferred Requirements:
- Prior experience working in the A/E/C industry, preferably at an architectural firm.
- Experience using Deltek Vision.
- Experience working with AIA Contract software.
About Cuningham Group Architecture
At Cuningham Group, we strive for excellence by aligning the skills, talents and energies of a diverse group of people. Our team approach creates an energizing and empowering work culture where dynamic, self-motivated individuals thrive in pursuit of the same goal: great sustainable design.
In describing our firm, we like to use words like passionate, collaborative and unpretentious. We can genuinely say that we love what we do, and we provide an environment to have fun doing it! Every day we expect to work hard and laugh often. We are ready to create and innovate. Our shared enthusiasm for design, communication, mentoring, managing, volunteering, teaching (and all things we excel at individually and collectively) allow Cuningham Group to be consistently ranked among the top firms in the industry.