Minneapolis, MN /
Work – Studio /
Cuningham seeks a Landscape Architect/Designer to share in our vision to dream big, be daring, and create change. We are a forward-thinking design firm that values people, creative problem solving, and a learning mindset in the pursuit of unique, regenerative solutions that fit our clients’ needs.
We are seeking an emerging design professional to be responsible for performing a variety of assignments in all aspects of landscape design from project conception to construction completion, as well as supporting the development and documentation of the technical solutions required by both the design and the local governing code. Successful candidates should be highly motivated and thrive in a collaborative environment. We strive to innovate and look for our team members to have a learning mindset and come to the table with creative solutions.
What you will do
- Engage in developing design solutions, coordination, and production efforts on a wide range of projects through all phases of the design, in an iterative and collaborative design process through simple sketching, 2D and 3D modeling, as well as computational methods in alignment with project success metrics.
- Apply sustainable and regenerative approaches to design and performance of the built, social, and natural environments.
- Plan, develop, and participate in design presentations.
- Develop and document projects through both creative design and technical detailing.
- Collaborate with related disciplines (consultants and contractors) for best design outcomes.
- Coordinate BIM models and documentation internally and with consultants, contractors, etc.
- Participate in construction administration activities with Project Architect and on-site staff.
- Assist project management and design teams with on-site observations and verifications.
- Research location, site, and site context.
- Participate in site planning process and program exploration.
- Research materials and products relating to landscape and site.
- Coordinate and review specifications with spec team.
- Support code compliance and research.
What we look for
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Landscape Architecture, a minor focus on Urban Design/Planning preferred.
- 3-8 years of landscape architectural and master planning required.
- Licensure in at least one state, preferred.
- Outgoing, engaging personality with good listening and collaboration skills desired.
- Candidates must be resourceful, dedicated, thoughtful and creative problem solvers.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, possess critical thinking skills, dedicated work discipline and excellent self-management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Sketchup, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, GIS and good hand-drawing skills.
- Revit skills strongly desired, basic skills a plus
- 3D Rendering talents in Rhino, Lumion, Enscape, and 3DS Max are desirable.
- Ability, speed, and precision to work autonomously on production of construction documents required.
- Highly motivated ability to work independently or collaboratively on multiple deadlines.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.